Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
Any progress yet?? Keep us updated....
Craig
supercruiser 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2005 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  

I kind of had the same problem with my 99 suburban, the passlock bypass module died, car would not start with key or remote start.  I put the cut yellow wire from ign cylinder back together and car started. I took it apart a week later to measure resistance on the Ing cylinder (523 ohms on mine) put the yellow wire back together and would not start. I tried disconnecting the battery, nothing worked. I ended up putting a battery charger on it for about 15-20 min and then it started???? Might help

Jeff

Water collects in low spots
scarf12 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
update
Ok so the owner found another key... but it was after 2 days of it sitting (chrismtas and all)... poped in the other factory key, and boom she started..and stays started
now hopefully I can finish the install and install the 555l
and btw... there is NO security light... everyone keeps saying there is one in the cluster and thats a negative... shinned a light sideways on it to see all the lights and there is NO security light
supercruiser 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  

Did you check the owners manual,security light should be in the upper right corner of the speedometer cluser if its a early 99 or left side if its later 99.

Most likely it was not the key that fixed it since the resistor is in the lock tumbler, it seems like it takes time for the passlock to settle down.

Jeff

scarf12 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
says nothing about a security light in the manual
and i was also thinking that... 2 days tho like wow... cuz i did let it sit for a whole day (well 12hours) and that ended up in nothing... 2 days did the trick
now im scared to install the 555l and run into the same situation hah what are ur recomendations on install it?
should i start the car FIRST and then cut yellow, and attach the 555l
supercruiser 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  

No I would hook everyting up, before trying to start it.  It gets confused when it doesn't see the resistance(basically the proper voltage)  from the lock cylinder.

jeff

scarf12 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
so ur saying cut the yellow and hook 1 up to the 555l and other to the 555l... put the ground from the 555l to another ground (not ORANGE / black)...
and then try and fire it up?
supercruiser 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  

No, I would hook everything up before I tried to start it.  It gets confused if it does not see the proper resistance from the lock cylinder.  And then you KNOW  what happens.

Jeff

scarf12 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
ya ...
everything is hooked up already EXCEPT the 555L
thats why i said.. should i cut the yellow and install the 555L and then try starting it witht he key? and then if that works... remote start
supercruiser 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  

when you cut the yellow wire you basically have two wires, one that goes towards you key or lock cylinder, that half of the yellow wire connecst to the yellow wire on the 555L, the other half of the yellow wire you cut goes to the BLACK / YELLOW on the 555L, you also need to attache the Black wire on the 555L to the ORANGE / black wire coming from the lock cylinder DO NOT CUT this wire just attach to it. The other wire connections on the 555L are pretty easy. After you connect everthing follow the instructions on the 555L to auto learn.

Jeff

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic