Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97blackrodeo 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

total_overkill wrote:
theres ports in the top corners already but was thinking of adding another 1 in the middle up top

next time dont chew your sub holes out. use a saw or router. just kidding...but in all seriousness, you really cant just add ports wherever you desire. have you planned out chamber sizes, frequencies etc? Id hate to see you do all that work and have your equipment crap out on ya. just a few tips thats all. post up picks as you get them.

DukeDuke 
Silver - Posts: 206
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
I hate to bring this up, but this is looking to be the next mustang... ouch... but good luck man, I am in the process of doing my box, however everything I am running is very good grade, various brands, MTX 12, Memphis Amp, AudioControl EQX and Epic-160, 3 sets of SoundStream Comps, as well as a few other things... I agree with Audiobahn... it is a learning expenience, but everything you are running and how you are running sounds to me like you are going to fry yourself. As well, 2 10's and 2 12's will cancel each other out, you might want to change it before its to late, do 4 of something IMO. But good luck man, keep us up to date, but buy like I did, one piece at a time, I now have everything in my garage and just got to get the drive to finish it. But I will say... interesting setup, kind of looks like a pawn shop on wheels. Have a good New Years and keep us up to date.
Duke Duke
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
DukeDuke wrote:
kind of looks like a pawn shop on wheels.
Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 3 -- posted image. That's funny. I think the main point here is that everyone is worried about you starting a fire...just be sure to crimp all wires with terminal rings and tape the bottom portion of the ring so that no wire is exposed, also you need to have some cleanliness in there. Use wire loom or at least tape them together:
all power wires together
all negative wires together
signal cables
remotes
not only will that prevent sparks it will also make it look that much better. If you can spare the room, put your caps side by side, that will reduce the length that the current has to flow between them thus giving more power and preventing fires. As long as you angle your subs right you shouldn't have too bad of a cancellation, BUT, in my opinion as well, you should have tried to stick with same sizes. Have fun and don't hurt yourself, keep posting pics.
total_overkill 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
Actuall all ends are crimped soldered and liquid electrical tape added. Box will make all leads supper short.
40 grit has saved my life sometimes =[
g-twizzl 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
As it has been said before, this is a learning experience. The results can be catastrophic, or colossal. I'm new to the FG side of box building, and understand that when designing any kind of enclosure, accessibility/removability is a big big part of the whole scheme. Is the FG baffle removable?, Is the rear deck 6x9s removable?
total_overkill 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
yes to both.  2 piece design allows removibility easily. Plus access doors ar going to be added. Also doing a secound box up. New post. I have taken as many safeguards as possible. But what I have been trying to say is I hooked this up so many times and unhooked it that I can do it in my sleep. I work constantly back there so getting it out and in is my main priority right now. Not how it looks. this is not even near completion and I still want to listen to it. All this box is is a cover not a sub box. For all the crap that I am taking out of the trunk. I lose the backseat yes, But I gain a one of a kind setup and all my stuff is safer in the car then in the trunk. 
total_overkill 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

Now this is nowhere near completion. But I was looking at the way I am reflecting the bass on my existing box and just wast sure. The box itself can be raised or lowered 6 inches  but I am still not sure this is such a good idea. Either way I got a new cover design I have made ( even more work) and am going to test both out anyway.

http://www.grandsontario.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=52&t=10343&st=15#entry110489

Uniqueaudio 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah man, it's a lot of work!

uniquekennels@hotmail.com
HottAccord 
Silver - Posts: 247
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
Definitely a lot of work, but when it's done right, it can;t be compared to anything else!
Also, just thought I'd mention, when I saw this pic, FIRE HAZARD popped into my head haha. Glad it was only a temp thing though!
Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 3 -- posted image.
Im a fiberglass whore!!
total_overkill 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
Yes the gas can empty. When full air pressure released weekly and only 1\4 full tops. =p Reminds me of one of them can you spot the problem with this picture thing. You are very observant though I will give you that. But I was aware of this fact. =] I do always keep an extinquisher in the car. Man you guys would go haywire if I told you the interior lights have 45 LEDS that come on, theres stobe lights in the headlights,LCD fuse block and battery terminals, LED and Neon under body kits, LEDS in headlights, LED Engine lighting, NEon bar in front grill, Neon bar in trunk, More LEDS in trunk, Custom Blue Racing gages, Massive amounts of Rope\string light,  4 small bass reactor neon bars, Led scanners on the doors and hood, Light up flame mirror, Light up flame peddles,  LED licese plate pegs, ANDplate lighting. Im sure I am forgetting something but ya get the point. You know how you name your car. I named mine Overkill. Kinda how I chose my name. Custom done by elbow grease, THC, and a midlife crisis. 
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic