icon

Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
darthness 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2005 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
140 amp alternator and "2800w" ( but thats probably peak, so maybe around 1200 RMS)? are you crazy? You need to go back and go with 1 brand of amps and subs..... loose the caps and actually upgrade your charging sytem rather than add a bunch of useless caps. Get a higher-amp alternator with a redtop under the hood and a yellow top in the trunk. and are you calling that a show system? are you on crack or what? that huge mess of wiring makes me want to throw up :(
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2005 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
He said that was a temp job, but even so that kinda shhh is just plain dangerous. I smell smoke:) Keep pluggin away man, you'll get it. I would mabye suggest you trim down the gear a little bit, it would probally be more benificial than trying to shoe horn everything in there
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
total_overkill 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2005 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  

wish I could buy top of the line all matching equiptment, But I have to work with what I actually have. This has been alot of work over various parts of the car. the system is not the actuall show but the entire car will be. the amp racks in the box will be multi holed and will fit almost anymake so it is upgradeable when the time arises. Air intake & exaust is being done on the box for the amps . even doing a possible fab to the window in the back to draw air to the amps on good days simply by pushing backseat window button.  Never claimed to be a pro either, Just a guy that has done massive amounts of work and think I have a 2nd job working on my car. Learn along the way. thats why I come to these. But I have wired it and rewired it alot of times. I do however keep an extinquisher in the car,

40 grit has saved my life sometimes =[
darthness 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2005 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
thats what im thinking. although instead of installed, i would us ethe phrase "losely toss in" take all that crap out, and seperate all your wires, and install everything neatly. twist ties are your friend!
total_overkill 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2005 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  

all these pics are TEMP setup pics . Only wired this way to test and actually be able to listen to my music when I drive until the final placement. Also wired this way because If you really look close all amps caps grounding plate and quad fuse block are on 1 piece of wood. Simply disconnect the main Power at the fuse block and main Neg at the plate, some rca's and you can now pull this off as 1 piece right out. and work in the trunk now ect without getting your equiptment dirty. when done put  power and Neg, rca's back to original and it's back in. the way it is set now is temp But is disconnected easy and 1 piece take out. So that is why it looks like that right now. I am doing massive work back here, and only me doing it so it's going slow. I can't not listen to music.

Same can also be said for the pic with the amps on the old box if you look fuse block and grounding plate were added all in one package so it could be taken out in 1 step removing exact same wires above

My original post explains I am tidying it all up for the final install when the box is done. these setups were TEMP installs. I knew I was taking it all out yet again for the umpteenth time. I hate it when all the .fibreglass bondo silcone sanding grit gets in all my stereo equiptment so I knew I didnt want to spend an extra half hour cutting off all the extra zip ties I put on that took an hour also. Thus saving an hour and a half of time just in zipties let alone the wireclean up ect.

Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 2 -- posted image.

with this much mess going on basically daily this is actually an excellent setup

total_overkill 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2005 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
wish I could edit but thanks to moderator for linking em up. I would also like to say that there are 4 amps and 3 caps wired up in that. Look a bit closer at my temp free air placement of the amps and take in to consideration the amount of amps and caps there and then say to me thats a mess. I swear I am totally happy with it I can take it out and put it all back in in 10 15 mins tops
total_overkill 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2005 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  

I had also said

it will look a heck of alot better than this also

fr33w0rld 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
holy basuses thats a blender system....did u raid your bros garage and toss everything he has into your car...if the system is not setup properly...the 10's and 12's will cancel out hein?...just buy 2 15's port it...buy a huge amp or 2 of them run 5 bat's and a 200 amp alt...
HU Alpine CDA-9855 Amp MA Audio 802sx 4,400 RMS 1 ohm Sub 18" MA Audio RMS 5,000 @ 1.5 ohm Ported Box Car 99 civic Si
total_overkill 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2005 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
theres ports in the top corners already but was thinking of adding another 1 in the middle up top
audiobhan101 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
Looks awsome man. dont let anybody say it looks bad or this wont work. as you said its a learning experiance. and once you have this kind of stuff in your car it is all upgradeable and interchangable.
i cant spell but i think you get the point lol.
keep up the good work. please post finished pics
84 Mazda Rx7 GS
4 15" Audiobahn High Excursion
1 2500W Orion Amp
Custom Box
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic