icon

Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
StlS_Ron 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 4:31 AM / IP Logged  

Ive been on this forum for  bit now.  I take what most of these guys say as gospel.    Im in the process of finishing my first glass box now.   Everyone here or atlease everyone here that has worked with FG knows how much work youve put into it.  ALOT!.   but some are conserned that their is a "easier" or "better" way of doing it.  dont let the flaming affect your car.   but take into consideration some of the vets on here that advise certain things.  ive never used free air subs. hell ive never ported.  but these guys will help you with your questions the best they can.  keep goiing with it, finish it up,  1/2 finished projects suck.  post pics.      I want to see progress pics. 

Ya my radio sucks.
Oh by the way I cant spell!!!
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
ya man gust keep going and you will get it right in the end. don't be put down by other people. gust be careful and keep going. were there is a will there's a way.Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 6 -- posted image.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
_juice_ 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
ummmm...im kinda skeered to post pics of my stuff now...i mean damn...i have had some projects turn out twice as bad as his is looking...i have gotten better with the enclosures but havent gotten around to glassing any of them yet...thats the plan for the one im building now though.
LOL...you all talk about the
"Fire Hazzard Pic"..i thought people were always playing about mine being a fire hazzard when i was in high school untill that one chilly morning on the way to school...my friend was like "Damn man, whats that smell" we turn around and look and there it was...my back seat was BLAZING...the whole car was burnt to a crisp before the fire truck got there and wouldnt ya know we were right infront of the school...you know how embarassing that was?..lol
anyways..atleast the dude has determination on doing his car the way he wants it..as long as he's happy, im happy for him. and id like to keep seeing pics of the progress too.
BTW....The big hood scoop in the pic, the one that looks like it belongs on a top fuel funny car...do you still have it? if you do...do you want to sell it? i need it for my rail buggy
there is no cure for stupidity
total_overkill 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah I still have it. needs a little FB repair. Well thanks for the encouragement guys. No matter what I am finishing it. Cant have no back seat and no box. I have gotten the top of the new box almost FB'd. While I was waiting for the resin to dry I decided to go on with another project I've been thinking about. I have been wanting to make taillight covers and decided to since I had nothing else to do while waiting on the resin. Going to cut out a nice design Not sure if I want ovals or circles ect. I am going to cut out little arrows on the turn signals though.

Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 6 -- posted image.

40 grit has saved my life sometimes =[
_juice_ 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
you wanna sell the scoop?
pm me with a price if you do
there is no cure for stupidity
jfunk06 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 6 -- posted image.  I like the arrow idea A LOT!
Govenor of Jimcinati
93' GMC Safari XT
total_overkill 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

Actually I think I came up with a great idea for the brake light design too. Instead of circles or lines I am going to go with Iron crosses across the span of the brake lights starting medium size and progressively getting bigger.

Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 6 -- posted image.

40 grit has saved my life sometimes =[
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
lol needed to comment on the first comment talking about it being overkill? nooooo, look at his name haha.... yeah thats pretty sweet. I am glad you got good deals on all that, because thats alot of stuff. cant wait to see final pics, and i hope you get a nice crossover with nice adjustabilty for all that setup. should be sweet.
also how much you spend on all that wiring?! if you got any left over send it over when your done hahaMan this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 6 -- posted image.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
StlS_Ron 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
im not into the tail light covers, but, what about  just putting grand am in them or something like that.  lets see some more of the progress pics.   
Ya my radio sucks.
Oh by the way I cant spell!!!
jp68dart 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
just because you have a bunch of stuff from different companys does not mean you can"t have a bangin system.getting everthing from one manufacturer is no gaurentee of compatibility in your system because your vehicle may differ or your tonal pref. may be different than mine.THE REAL THING THAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU LIKE IT ,YOU ARE SAFE SO YOU CAN KEEP ENJOYING CAR AUDIO!!!!!!
SPL mopar=2 spl 170's 2cbft each\soundstream class A10.0@1ohm mono\infinity ref 5.25seperates\ads PQ10 4x30@4ohm\Alpine 9813 HU\optima red top\110 amp alt.\1/0 power cable=for now
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic