icon

Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97blackrodeo 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
After reading this post again and looking at the pictures, I wish you would have asked for some suggestions and help before you started. There is so much wasted time and material here, but hey thats how you learn. Not the best methods but if it gets you where you want to go, godspeed. Keep the progress pics coming.
jfunk06 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
I dont know about the cross man.  I dont know about up in God's country, but down in the states that whole look is WAY played out.  Thats just IMO.  If you like it do it.  But keep the arrows, if nothing else, for me!
Govenor of Jimcinati
93' GMC Safari XT
placid warrior 
Silver - Posts: 357
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  

jfunk06 wrote:
I dont know about the cross man.  I dont know about up in God's country, but down in the states that whole look is WAY played out.  Thats just IMO.  If you like it do it.  But keep the arrows, if nothing else, for me!

Well being that its not a religious cross, does it make a difference..that cross is either a nazi medal type cross or west coast choppers type cross.  I've seen the cross thing done before and it looks pretty cool...also seen skulls and whatnot, so its up to u.

total_overkill 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2006 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  

I am doing the crosses because every one has circles and I have not been able to find anything like this anywhere so I made it, I can also easily do even more tail light overlays  in differnt patterns. I am really starting to like FB.. 1 of a kind is always SWEET. Also got the sides done on the box now. just 1 layer .

All I know is I have spent way too much time doing this to the point my wife thinks I'm crazy. I envision the final product though and it is 1 of a kind and OverKill =]. I know every seam, every wire, every asset of it all. I didin't pay to have it done. I did it.

40 grit has saved my life sometimes =[
total_overkill 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2006 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  

Updated photos of new box. Just going to link em from now on so I don't have to type it all out twice.Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 7 -- posted image.

http://www.grandsontario.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=52&t=10343&st=15#entry111118

deagle50ae 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

hey. good to see you're making great progress. it's deffinitely turnign into something. can't wait for some final products.

naysayers be gone

p&gcustoms 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  

darthness wrote:
can we get more pics of your riced out car?
are you mexican btw? (no offense...)

that was wrong im a mexican and my trucks looks nothing like that not all mexicans have to have some chuntaro looking ride with flames and lights us mexican down south in houston keep them looking droped and clean not some ugly as wiring thats shhh is sick and not the good kind thats not show quality half that stuff shouldn't be ther

total_overkill 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

I can agree with certain points. But I also have to say that I am not a paid professional doing this for a living, although the time invested that I have done might as well be another job. As I have repeatedly said Yes I will upgrade it later when I can afford to, I feel grateful for what I have. as for wiring again I am not the total profesional but here I can say I do understand it a fair bit. I ripped every wire switch  out the other day to make room for the 1 guage coming through.  I ran every wire and know what it does not had some one do it for me. I am doing the best I can with what I got. I myself am not racial, I even have quite a few Mexican friends. Yes even in Canada. So please do not even think that in any way. I believe also he was making a joke about all the crap in my car and just profiling his theory. Still not a racial. Can't we all jsut get along. =[.

All I know is that I see people get mad, bash, flame ect  almost as much as I see them trying to help. Isn't this what this place is for????????? to get some help.

even in everyday life if some 1 keeps putting you down you eventually get a complex and give up or tell em to shut up. I myself  do it so I am not condemning either. But I try not to just shoot off right away. I do give the benift of the doubht.

StlS_Ron 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
dont sweat it bro. just remember unfinished projects suck.   I will say this.  this is the best board as far as flaming goes.  a very professional atmosphere here.  thes guys will help you, thats why alot of them browse here.  keep the pics coming im glued to this topic.
Ya my radio sucks.
Oh by the way I cant spell!!!
total_overkill 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

I try not to quit. Put a bit more work in.  

http://www.grandsontario.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=52&t=10343&st=15#entry111441

Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic