the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2 S12L7 in 2001 Altima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2005 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Not to mention the kickers are turds! Get the Eclipse TI 12's. WAY better sound quality, and probably close to the same price, AND will go in a way smaller box... three plusses, no minuses. That all adds up to better value.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
memfus_boi 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
I'm gettin a pro 2 build me a box. i formulated the number and i'm gettin the box made to 1.75 cu ea chamber? do u think that is good? maybe later i would like to change from sealed to ported since its still recomended by kicker. right now i need bass but i think in the summertime i will switch 2 ported because of the spl.
If I'm to loud, then you're too old!!!
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
What size L7?
memfus_boi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
12"
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
first off, you said he was a pro, so wouldnt he do the calculations himself? If he is a pro, shouldnt he build what you want (ported)....?
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
rottenbelly 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
Go with ported ! if u live around memphis let me know i'll hook u up. i have built a ton of boxes for kickers u only want to go ported.The 2.5 cu ft ported box will beat up your ears. I did a cut out cab on my friends s-10 with L7s and it is crazy loud in that little cab.
rottenbellys 05 crew cab colorado.Pioneer dehp 880prs, kenwood excelon in all 4 doors. Bazooka 500 mono Jl 10w3 in coustom center console box.
Soundforce 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
If you want to get simply more bass from your L7 you have to design a ported box following the woofer specs! I am sure that you will get more low and strong bass. And sure more db!!!!!!!    So go on!!!
boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
If it's a new 12L7, this is a link to the manual for it. Scroll down to Vented Enclosure Information. That's the kind of box I would build.
explorer94 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  

I had 1 15' L7 in my cavalier. It sounded really good. I called Kicker and they gave me the specs for the box.

It was 5 cu.ft with a slotted port. If you want go with the sealed box it will provide you with more of a kick or shaking. The port give you less kick but gets extremley loud. It is good for SPL comps.

I recommend a big enclosure for these subs. If you have the room and want to compete.

The L7's are great subs Either way sealed or ported you can't go wrong.

-- ---xxxx---
memfus_boi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
i'm goin to run 2 S12L7 in my 2001 Altima and a kicker kx1200.1 amp. This local stereo shop say i need another battery because this amp is power hungary. But i think my car really needs another alternator OR just 1 good battery, what do you think? since i'm only using a 0/1 gauge amp wiring kit, would you think i need a 2nd battery
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic