icon

2 S12L7 in 2001 Altima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
memfus_boi 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  
i'm goin to run 2 S12L7 in my 2001 Altima and a kicker kx1200.1 amp. This local stereo shop say i need another battery because this amp is power hungary. But i think my car really needs another alternator OR just 1 good battery, what do you think? since i'm only using a 0/1 gauge amp wiring kit, would you think i need a 2nd battery
If I'm to loud, then you're too old!!!
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
you do not need a second battery. 1 good battery and an alternater rated at least 180 amp. and you will be good to go.
memfus_boi 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
I bought this 2 L7's and a kx1200.1 amp from ebay and all i need was a box and sum wires. I went to this local stereo shop 2 get a box built. i paid $175 for a box and they said they carried 0/1 gauge wire. so i paid $100 on the box and waited on the wires.a week and a half lata, the box is NOT completed until 2day, when i saw this box it looked like crap, the glue was all messy, they built it with 1 chamber and it was small, and they drilled a hole for the wires with NO terminal, i was like WTF!!!!!! so i told the people that the box is ugly and i wanted 2 chambers with 1.75 cu ft inside and fix the terminals, they are but i still think that the box is small and wasn't nearly 1.75 so i'm going to check the box #'s and make sure but for the inconvienance they knocked off $40. I was highly pissed off that i waited at that store for 3 HOURS and wasted $100 on that cheap azz box, i would done better by shopping on ebay!!! Will you be mad?
If I'm to loud, then you're too old!!!
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  

At only $100 for a 2 sub box, no wonder.  Time to find another shop, or learn to build your own box.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic