Crimestopper CS2011RS4 start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
viptime 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you prdjr165

I don’t have the brain now (mailed it back to the guy who sold it to me for exchange) to check the remote programming.  After it stopped working the brain smelled like burned  rubber. So I sure that it is fried.  The only thing I can think of it that I loosely connected and disconnected the ground wile making sure thins works.  Every thing worked just fine I started putting things back together and I smelled something burning I tried to start it and it was dad. Turned out that it was the brain frying.  I am truing to figure out what was the problem before I fry an other unit. 

Do I have to use external relays in the Chevy Malibu 99?
Thank you 

prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
If I were you,I would go over these wires one by one before hooking up the new unit.Don't hook up the doorlocks or anything else,this way it will be isolated to the remote start side.Make sure your 6 pin wire harness is pushed on all the and lined up properly,I think it can be plugged in up-side down.
crimestopper wire      99 malibu color
      color
ign 1 :pink               pink
ign 2 :pink white          green
acces :gray               orange
power 12v:red(2)           red
start :brown               yellow
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
And make sure all your connections are soldered securely. A loose power connection with the ground being taken off and on could have shorted the brain.
viptime 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

thank you ziggy and prdjr165

I rechecked all connections and it checked out 100% and the funny thing is that it worked I will solder it all once I get the brain back.

The power harness can be plugged in upside down but cant be pushed in all the way if upside down but it was not a problem.  Hopefully once it all soldered together this thing will work and will not fry.
I will you all posted.

thank you

natsys 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a 2014 for a friend of mine who repairs sensative electronic equipment. His bad back prevented him from getting under the dash, so he bought a Toyota shop manual and the alarm/RS, and I made the connections he called out. Everything worked great until final testing when something smelled really wrong in the area of the unit's brain. We took it out and opened it up and found that one of the chips was fried. When he went over his wiring diagrams he found out that he directed me to hook up a power output from the unit right to ground. That was only the 3rd R/S I'd ever done, and this guy is so smart I wouldn't question his directions.
Point is, I should have. I should have double checked every connection for proper voltage and/or function before making the connection. He went to work and ordered the chip and repaired his own unit which worked fine when reinstalled and the short circuit corrected.
I'd follow the advice you already got and hook up your high current connector AND ground--firmly to a good clean ground and don't touch it again. Be sure to remove the fuses before making any connection. Then install the fuses and see if everything looks good. If no problems install the antenna and test with the remote. It should at least attempt to start by cranking the starter. If it starts or cranks and doesn't start you probably are good. Use the remote to shut it down by pressing the start button again.
Then I'd use a multimeter to check each and every other connection you made. My friend's bad connection was in his door trigger wiring so don't assume that any connection you previously made is okay--check them all. It would be a pain, but if you disconnected all of them and plugged in your smaller harness, then added them in one at a time, you could test as you go starting with the safety features like brakes and hood pin switch. Then if you needed to test (like a tach hook up) you could just open the hood or hit the brake pedal to shut the start down. Since the ground wire is in one of these other harnesses you really ought to consider disconnecting the other wires in the harness to eliminate them as a source of potential problems when first hooking up the unit. This may seem like the long way to do things, but it's probably a lot cheaper than buying another brain because I don't think the dealer will send you still another one.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic