icon

RCA Line Out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NextelOnline123 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2002 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to use the jensen RCA adapter on a stock radio. I hooked up the speaker wires but I am not sure where the black wire goes to. I used it as remote turn on but it did not work. Then I tried to use the amp without the remote wire and turn it on just by using a 12volt source tha amp came on but no sound out of it. Can someone tell me what to do
Ok I am taking it that the black wire is a ground wire but then where do I hook the remote wire for the amp
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like your talking about a hi to low converter. A high to low converter taps onto your speaker wires and converts them to a RCA connection. Now yes that black wire is a ground. On a high to low converter there is no out put for your remote connection. The amp requires that you connect the remote turn on wire to turn it on and off. So if it’s not connected the amp won’t turn on and you won’t get any sound. If you have a stock head unit you will most likely have to tap into a switch ignition source so your amp will turn on and off with the ignition. What kind of car do you have and dose your cigarette lighters power go on and off with the ignition or dose it constantly stay on?
NextelOnline123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
Well I am going to hook it up the the 12volt switched power but I was not sure about the ground wire. When I did not ground it there was no sound from the RCA outputs. So when I ground it there will be sound coming from the stock radio
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
If you get sound when it's grounded then hook up the groun. Just remember you will not get any sound until you’re able to turn your amp on with the remote wire. You can however temporarily test your setup if you run a wire from the amps + power connection to the amps remote connection. Just be sure to disconnect the wire or your amp or it will stay on and drain the battery. Also if your converter has gain controls don’t forget to set them.
NextelOnline123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
I did that. My amp is on but there was no sound. I am asking that when I ground the black wire there should be sound then right
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  

Yes! But what kind of car is it in? dose it have any kind of premium sound system? Factory amps?

NextelOnline123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
no it is an 98 s 10. all manual.
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
Dose it work when you hook up the ground? If not are you sure you have it hooked up correctly? Here is wiring diagram for your truck https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1998&make=Chevrolet&model=S-Series%20Pickup&ID=17462&type=Stereo 
NextelOnline123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
I did not try to ground it yet. I will in just a few and get back to you
NextelOnline123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
it does not work when grounded. Can you help me at all
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic