icon

96 Honda Accord horn output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
copekyle 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
I am using an Alpine SEC-100S and I think I may have fried the siren output. If I still wanted the horn to work, could I hook the park light output into the horn wire and get the horn to honk when the siren goes off? Or will this honk my horn everytime I turn the park lights on? Any ideas how I can get this to work?
jmacf14 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
 first what makes you think that you fried your siren output? second some horns (most in fact) need a negative input to honk, and most parklights need a positive. it might be something simple like a bad connection for the siren. double check that you have a good ground, and make sure that you have a properly solderd joint for the positive siren output.
jmacf14
catalin capota 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
You could do the light flash, but you'll need to use a relay to switch polarity. You also won't be able to silently arm with the park lights connected in that way.
Like jmacf14 asked, why do you think the siren output is dead? Is it because the siren doesn't sound properly? Could be water in it..
copekyle 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
I think the siren output is fried because when I was installing the alarm the output showed a constant 12 volt output and then when the alarm went off, the voltage would drop to zero. I was trying to hook into the car's horn and I traced the wire all the way into the steering wheel and so I am sure I am on the right wire and it still will not work. ANY IDEAS???   (a further note, I do not have the original siren that came with this unit and that is why I am trying to hook into the horn)
copekyle 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
No one has any ideas?
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
use a flasher with a relay to the horn
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
copekyle 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
How would I wire the flasher and relay so they would work?
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
96 Honda Accord horn output -- posted image.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
catalin capota 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
You could always use a relay and a combination of the siren output and the light flash output.
copekyle 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1996 accord and I was wondering how the horn actually works. I am trying to get an alarm output to work for the horn but it would be easier if I new how the horn actually worked! I have a wire connected to the horn wire in the steering wheel and I thought if I grounded this wire the horn should honk. It doesn't seem to work that way. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic