Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
playtilithrtz 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

Car:  04 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Alarm: Viper 791xv w/ remote start

Symptom: Car will only turn on with remote start, but not with the key.

Explination: I installed this alarm and i followed the guide lines correctly (i suppose). I have installed this alarm on my car and someone elses car with no problems ( same type of car and same remote start/alarm). I did the installation on a manual and i bypassed the clutch with no problems. the car turns on fine when i hit the "8" key 2x and it starts right up. But when you go insert the key it wont crank. the dash lights and the headlights turn on but no starter click or anything. I think i hear the fuel pump turn on but am not completly sure. I checked the only fuses that could be for ignition and they are okay. The ignition harness is plugged in. ( the car turn on before after the install, and after i bypassed the clutch, but i know i did a few other connection and then left it alone till about 6 hours later.)

Now the only thing that boggles my mind is this. the one ribbon cable that goes to the brain to the remote start relay box that cable was cut. (alarm was preinstalled by installers) the one yellow wire was connected to the ACC line for some reason off the ignition harness. why did they do this? so what ever i cut the wires and soldered and reattched all the cable so that i can connect both end to each unit. but car turned on, but i dont know if it turned on with the key. i dont remember trying.

can anyone give me some information on what may be the problem? i tried to connect that yellow wire back to its original location, but that did nothing.

thank you inadvance.

matt.

stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
sounds kinda like the starter kill relay isn't wired properly. that's where i'd start.
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
playtilithrtz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  

stang351w wrote:
sounds kinda like the starter kill relay isn't wired properly. that's where i'd start.

okay now this sounds dumb, but where is that? is it that module with those thick wires that connect to the ignition harness?

silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 406
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  

flip around the heavy guage green wire and purple.. sounds like you have them backwards.

dstang24 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 3:27 AM / IP Logged  
silvercivicsir wrote:

flip around the heavy guage green wire and purple.. sounds like you have them backwards.

agreed...

playtilithrtz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
okay i will try that and ill see what happens.
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
that's not gonna be your problem if it starts properly with the RS.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
Try disconnecting the ribbon harness from the brain of the alarm.  If it starts now check the orange wire from the 12pin harness make sure it's not connected to anything or shorting out.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
playtilithrtz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  

cntrylvr79 wrote:
Try disconnecting the ribbon harness from the brain of the alarm.  If it starts now check the orange wire from the 12pin harness make sure it's not connected to anything or shorting out.

okay.... i will have to take a look at that.... i thought that the previos post with the purple and green wire didnt make sence, realized that afterwards.

ryguy 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
un arm the car ??
MECP installer,technician
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic