icon

JBL Amp vs JL Amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

i think that jl makes the most advanced amps too, there is only 1 other amp that i kno of that puts out a consistant load at 1.5ohm or 4ohm and that is the jbl gti amps, but in my opinion the jl is still going to be better for the simple fact that the R.I.P.S. technology allows the jl amp to put out 1000 rms watts at a lower voltage level.

downstarinc 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
my 1000/1 R.I.P.S!
jl audio..nuff said
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
Just a question. How many of you guys have run both of these amps in your cars? Or how many of you are dealers that sell both? If it's "C" none of the above I would question the validity of your opinions.
There is no such thing as free installation!
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
my phoenix gold puts out steady wattage from 1 to 4 ohms, kicks serious ass. i love it, i run a 4 ohm load and get 600RMS, the same it would put out at 1 ohm. but i get virtually no distortion. It is the Xenon series. they also have a 1200RMS mono block. check them out.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
ragoal12 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

i do have first had expierence with the jl 1000/1 and 300/4's... jl amps are way better than the jbl.. and its mainly to do controls.. the low pass filter on the jbl is no where near as good as the jl.... the jl amps do tend to be a lil vottage hungry nothing an ho alt won't cure and at least u got good clean power.. although with this kid running mtx subs.. clearity won't be an issue because 2 9500s will sound dirty no matter what.. but if he had some w7's then jl all the way...

the two setups that i have familiarity with r a 1000/1 and 2 10inch w7's.. the other a 1000/1 and one 13.5 w7.. which is just ridiculous.. both in the 150 dB range.. plenty loud for street cars..

S.O.B custsoms.. South Omaha, Nebraska
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2006 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
ragoal12 wrote:

i do have first had expierence with the jl 1000/1 and 300/4's... jl amps are way better than the jbl.. and its mainly to do controls.. the low pass filter on the jbl is no where near as good as the jl.... the jl amps do tend to be a lil vottage hungry nothing an ho alt won't cure and at least u got good clean power.. although with this kid running mtx subs.. clearity won't be an issue because 2 9500s will sound dirty no matter what.. but if he had some w7's then jl all the way...

the two setups that i have familiarity with r a 1000/1 and 2 10inch w7's.. the other a 1000/1 and one 13.5 w7.. which is just ridiculous.. both in the 150 dB range.. plenty loud for street cars..

Don't you mean current? A high output alternator gives you more current (amperage); the voltage does not change. Someone correct me if I'm wrong  JBL Amp vs JL Amp - Page 3 -- posted image. JBL Amp vs JL Amp - Page 3 -- posted image.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
radioactiveaudi 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2006 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
Take a look at Zapco.
The best amps on the market!!
radioactiveaudi 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2006 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
Take a look at Zapco.
The best amps on the market!!
ragoal12 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
Paradigm wrote:
ragoal12 wrote:

Don't you mean current? A high output alternator gives you more current (amperage); the voltage does not change. Someone correct me if I'm wrong  JBL Amp vs JL Amp - Page 3 -- posted image. JBL Amp vs JL Amp - Page 3 -- posted image.

well u are right an ho provides more current to counteract  voltage drop this is what i was refering to when i said voltage hungry.. i should have said power hungry technically speaking.. but if u can't understand this and ur dealing with car audio u should just stop.... so if you hook up lets say a 1000/1 on a stock alt. the voltage will change during high output periods... this is known ass voltage drop.. correct me if im worng please...

S.O.B custsoms.. South Omaha, Nebraska
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
ragoal12 wrote:
Paradigm wrote:
ragoal12 wrote:

well u are right an ho provides more current to counteract  voltage drop this is what i was refering to when i said voltage hungry.. i should have said power hungry technically speaking.. but if u can't understand this and ur dealing with car audio u should just stop.... so if you hook up lets say a 1000/1 on a stock alt. the voltage will change during high output periods... this is known ass voltage drop.. correct me if im worng please...

Actually, if you want to be snide about it, you said "vottage hungry." That has absolutely no meaning to anyone on this forum. But what do I know? I should just stop right now according to you...

Anyway, my intent of posting the first time was not to flame anyone, just to try to make sure the info being presented was correct. I certainly don't know everything about car audio, nor do I pretend to. Although you did say I was correct (even though I wasn't totally correct per se)...JBL Amp vs JL Amp - Page 3 -- posted image.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic