icon

Modding Avic-N1/N2 Nav DVD’s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wrecklesswun 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have a public ftp server, as well, a copy of the last n1 ver 1.1 dvd, as well as on the way the ver 1.2 n2 dvd's...I would like to help if i can...I can iso both dvd's and provide a link to the ftp site.
wrecklesswun 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
And also as for mp3's on DVD, the avic is not capable of doing this, but for anyone interested, i have a program which will do something similar, by creating audio dvd's...
doug702 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
free_refil****Call Pioneer and they should tell you the status of your new Nav discs.  I registered my Avic D1 Dec. 14th and finally just called asking WTF?  The lady pulled up my info and even told me the date I registered (I assume you registered your deck) and said it would go out the next day UPS.  Pioneer 1-800-421-1404 24hours.
Ballerinstaller 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  

ARRRRGH! I hate Internet Exploder!  This is the third time I am writing this as the darn popup blocker keeps erasing my post!

It took me from registering my unit in October 2004 until April 2005 to get my updated CNDV-40MT Version 1.2 software.  It crashed my brainbox after a supposed sucessful update and I had to exchange it out at Bestbuy to get rolling again.  I am scared of using that disc again man.....

Since then I have found a DOS mode workaround that will let me reflash it without swapping or opening anything.  I thank whoever submitted this in some other forum:

steps to flash back the n1 software follows:

Please note, I do not take responsibility if you mess up your nav system. (when the nav is flashing the firmware, make sure theres no power outtage, etc.)

HOLD Eject, Press Reset button.

Screen will go in, and come back out with a black screen and a message about pressing the reset button.
you can releae the Eject button.
now enter the code using your joystick (the control on the right) push UP, Right, UP, Right, Down, Right, Down, Right, then Press in the joystick.

Now you should be in the menu, theres 3 pages of options, the 2nd page should have the option of force flash.

I forgot about what I did.. but I reset the memory, reset whatever info.. which shouldn't be necessary.

Please note that you'll need a remote to have it start programming/flashing procedure. for the voice command steering wheel remote, its the button on the lower left.

Thanks wrecklesswun for the 50MT n2 dvd information- hope you got my private post to you

Pioneer Avic-N1
Clarion 300 watt 4 channel amp
PPI PC21400 1400 watt amp
2x JL 12 inch w7's
Polk EX series in factory locations
2000 Impala LS
Baller Installer - Pete D.
sush1a 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
^^ hey, you just cut n paste what i wrote in the other thread... Modding Avic-N1/N2 Nav DVD’s - Page 2 -- posted image.
If we're going to try to make N2 maps on an N1 dvd, I would suggest that we should try it on single layer dvds first.. would be much more cost effective. Just do the same thing as what Baller did; rip the poi stuff and replace the root stuff & possibly firmware files. If it works.. then we can burn it on dual layers with the poi stuff.
wrecklesswun 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
thing is do we know which files comprise the map data, poi, etc without having to use the new firmware ?
Ballerinstaller 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  

I believe all the firmware lies in the root directory.  If one can compare all three versions of the disc (40m, 40mt, 50mt)  I am sure the firmware file will show its head with little difficulty.  I have found that for every update, there is a .htm file to show the revision of the file(s) that were changed or that have a revision number.

EU040APL.PRG

UC040GPS.PRG

UC040SYS.PRG

For simplicity purposes, I'd have my deck reset and programmed with the first revision of the firmware.

Using the reduced file version (with poi's removed) so it can be burnt to a dvdrw, I would sub out each one of these files with a newer version until my head unit reported that it was reflashing firmware and viola!  you should have isolated the firmware file and have a name to go with its ugly face.

As long as the updated data files are not encoded differently, which I doubt, the old program files (.prg) should be able to read them.  I just have an issue with the possibility of the renaming of the data files in the newer version whereas the .prg files would not know which to read nor where to find them.

Geez! Come on Pioneer!  Give us the SDK!  That way, I could make a timer for the performance gauges and you could compute quarter mile speeds and times very accuarately!

Why can't some of this stuff be considered open source?

Pioneer Avic-N1
2x JL 12 inch w7's
2000 Impala LS
Preservedswine 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
If you just want to use updated map software on the N-1, while keeping the ability for motion and DVD's, I think there's a guy on E-bay who can do it for you... rch72 i think.. he repaired my N1 when it was broken- top notch service
wrecklesswun 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2006 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
OK i tried putting the map and poi data from 1.250mt to 1.140mt and it seems to work...i have map data not previously available...only thing is when i try and use poi, it freezes...so what i wanna try is to take the opposite and work it, take the firmware for 1.1 40mt, and put it on the 50mt dvd. any suggestions?
Ballerinstaller 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  

That's exactly how I'd start it.

OK- the executable files are these:

1.    EU040APL.PRG   Purpose:???

2.    UC040GPS.PRG   Purpose: Dragon chip driver.  I looked up to see what this may be and I found two references what this may be:

a. Dragon speech recognition software

b. Dragon is a Chinese developed MIPS processor

3.    UC040SYS.USA   Purpose:  Navigation operating system

I would try subbing each one of these one at a time by removing the new file and replacing it with the old one, but renaming it to the new version's name.

Then run each one to see which one causes the cutout of the nav/dvd features while in motion.

Thanks for trying it out, I appreciate the effort.

By the way I downloaded a copy of that Audio dvd creator  and that program is sweet!  I can't even imagine how much music I could fit on a dual layer dvd!  I estimate it around 60 hours at 160kbps. That is nutz!  I only used 1.5 gigs on a dvd and it gave me over 14 hours of nonstop music with customizable graphics.

How Bling Bling is that?  Thanks for suggesting it man

Pioneer Avic-N1
2x JL 12 inch w7's
2000 Impala LS
Page of 50

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic