icon

Modding Avic-N1/N2 Nav DVD’s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ron_s 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2006 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know if there are any ill effects when you upgrade the N1 to V50 and then reset and reinstall back to the V40 version?   Does this reset the learned data in the 3D?  Is there a problem running V50 when you want the extra map data and then reset/reinstall back to V40 when you want the ability to watch movies or input destinations while you drive?
Ron
wrecklesswun 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
It reverts back to the old ver just fine...
ron_s 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

If you rename the files "UC010SYS.USA" and "UC040SYS.USA"  with an extension of ".txt" you can use notepad to open the files.  In the UC010SYS.TXT file (it takes several minutes for the file to load) scroll about 2/3 the way down.  This is where the BIOS menu (all 4 pages) as far as entering the "PASSWORD" as well as formatting the SDRAM option.  Anyone know how to write code well enough to disable the auto BIOS update?

Ron
jasonhilton 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
I have a AVIC-D1 and have spent a lot of time playing with the DVD's. I am mostly intrested in changing the background images, unfortunitly they are in some weird ASCI ".PIM" format and can't be changed. I have been able to change the boot screen as you have, but that's the extent of my success.
I did run a comparison on the 1.0 and the 1.2 DVD's for the AVIC-D1, here is what I found.
http://avic411.com/files/comparereport.html
jasonhilton 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, also, check this out:
RAW PIM FILE: http://jasonhilton.us/d1/backgrounds/LPS020.PIM
PIM FILE IN NOTEPAD: http://jasonhilton.us/d1/backgrounds/20on20.jpg
DISPLAYED ON D1: http://jasonhilton.us/d1/DSC02279.JPG
These PIM Files are basically ASCI Art from the 90's.
If you could figure out how to save images in this format, we basically cracked the D1's image format.
Ballerinstaller 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  

Great Job everyone poking around and tearing apart this software!  I have not been submitting any new news for a while, but that should change.  I will hopefully have a copy of the MT50 software in my hands in less than a week.  There appears to be much more software on the MT50 discs than in previous versions so it will be a tiring process, but we will succeed in making a *PIMPED* version of the software yet and we can thumb our noses at Pioneer.

Pioneer Avic-N1
Clarion 300 watt 4 channel amp
PPI PC21400 1400 watt amp
2x JL 12 inch w7's
Polk EX series in factory locations
2000 Impala LS
Baller Installer - Pete D.
ohlarikd 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Wow - that is great! I've been staring at these PIM files and never thought to spread it out in Notepad like that. Seems like with a Hex editor, and some invetigation of the other logos, that we could discover which character correspond to what colors. Hmmm....
Derek
ohlarikd 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
Jason,
I have the D1 as well. If you notice, XM 53 Fungus does not have a logo on the display. You see a 'satellite' logo. But I opened up LPS053.pim in notepad and can clearly see that it says FUNGUS.
Man this is frustrating, expecially since Pioneer told me they get those symbols over the air, and XM confirmed that - but no one could prove it.
Well, here are the logos, and they don't all work for some reason (RAW, Squizz, High Voltage, Bone Yard, among others).
Any ideas?
Derek
jasonhilton 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  
The reason your not getting the logo on those channels is because the D1 is looking for the logo to match with the channel name. ("Fungus"). When XM changed the channel names to include XL in front of them, ("XL Fungus") it broke the D1's logo algorithm.
ohlarikd 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Jason,
Thanks for the insight there - no one has been able to answer that. No one at Pioneer (twice) or XM. Interesting - now I need to check all the XL channels. It seems that you are right - all XL channels that I listen to are out.
Now, if I could find where that channel listing is in some file on the DVD, maybe I can hex edit it.
Thanks!
Derek
Page of 50

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic