the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Modding Avic-N1/N2 Nav DVD’s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sab0276 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
Does these hacks work with the N3? How hard is it to od the bypass?
-Scott
2002 GMC Yukon SLT non-Bose
Pioneer AVIC N3
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
sab0276 wrote:
Does these hacks work with the N3? How hard is it to od the bypass?
-Scott
guess you havent read the 47 pages of the thread, everyone wants to upgrade to an n3, so theres not much for you to do on the n3, you can modify the screens and startup images. bypass talking will lock this topic, pm me for info.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
rutcgr18 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  

Well the only thing i have notice is my maps seem to be a bit behind when it i drive anyone have this issue

sab0276 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

I did read through it (2 days worth :)).  I just thought most people were trying to update the older ones to the new software.  

But I just wanted to make sure you can customize the N3 the same way you can customize the older ones with modified discs. 

Please PM the about the bypass.  Thanks.

-Scott

2002 GMC Yukon SLT non-Bose
Pioneer AVIC N3
wojtekg 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
whtcrxghst wrote:

Thats not correct.  You cannot go to the CNDV50 or CNDV60 without the lockout affecting your N1

wojtekg wrote:
Yes you can but only up to version CNDV-50 V1.1 once you upgrade to version 1.2 or CNDV-60MP you will get Blocked out

DIDN'T I say that. If you read good you would notice that. I SAID You can UPGRADE  AVIC-N1 to CNDV-50 & CNDV-60 but you will get BLOCKED Again

wojtekg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
I noticed that making COPY of CNDV-60MP on VERBATIM DVD-R DL instead of VERBATIM DVD+R DL makes Avic-N2 (in my case) LOAD Software/Maps/Menus a lot faster. It seems that Avic Reads DVD-R DL faster then DVD+R DL.
wrecklesswun 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

The problability of a successful burn on any dvd depends on the medium as well as the speed at which you burn.  In general verbatim dvd+rdl are ok i have an 80% success rate burning dvd's.  also the software you use makes a difference.  i used nero 7.082 and it burns 99% of the time.  when i use sonic recordnow, it almost never works for dl dvd's.  Just my observations.

Ballerinstaller 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2006 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  

I have two very high resolution scans of the N1 mainboard.  They are approx. 26Mb each and I have smaller version that are about 2Mb each.  Anyone wanna host them for lQQking for the alternate resistor that does the magic switch?  After inspecting the board, I see many spots of interest.  Maybe we can scour these for a while and then we all choose a different spot to mod with a pull up or pull down resistor to see what makes this baby tick and screw those jerks that want to capatalize on this.  The only way I'd make money is from the lighthearted ones that don't know a soldering iron from a screw driver and would rather have a seasoned tech do the job right the first time and not mess a thing up, eh?

My flex finally gave up the ghost and while I was waiting for it in the mail I thought I'd do a thorough cleaning of the N1 in preperation for the new flex.  Lets fuel this fire and find that resistor!  (its probably not labelled R197)

Modding Avic-N1/N2 Nav DVD’s - Page 46 -- posted image.     Modding Avic-N1/N2 Nav DVD’s - Page 46 -- posted image.

Pioneer Avic-N1
Clarion 300 watt 4 channel amp
PPI PC21400 1400 watt amp
2x JL 12 inch w7's
Polk EX series in factory locations
2000 Impala LS
Baller Installer - Pete D.
Ballerinstaller 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2006 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
AVIC411.com has a big enough image upload size to support the higher res scans and here is a link to the topic or you can cut and paste this :  http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140
Pioneer Avic-N1
Clarion 300 watt 4 channel amp
PPI PC21400 1400 watt amp
2x JL 12 inch w7's
Polk EX series in factory locations
2000 Impala LS
Baller Installer - Pete D.
wojtekg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2006 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
wrecklesswun wrote:

The problability of a successful burn on any dvd depends on the medium as well as the speed at which you burn.  In general verbatim dvd+rdl are ok i have an 80% success rate burning dvd's.  also the software you use makes a difference.  i used nero 7.082 and it burns 99% of the time.  when i use sonic recordnow, it almost never works for dl dvd's.  Just my observations.

I use ROXIO Version 8.0   I burn them as DATA DISC at speed 8X   (I Just highlight files of my Desktop) and from 20 Pack of DVD+r DL VERBATIM usually ony 2 are BAD.

Page of 50

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic