Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
I got two jl10w7's but what amp is the best to use and how would you hook it up
Brantheman
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
The 10" W7 has a 3 ohm voice coil so you need to be careful if you plan to parrallel the voice coils. You need an amp that will run at 1.5 ohms. JL recommends an optimum 500 watts RMS with a max of 1000 RMS per woofer. JL's 1000/1 would do very well. Run one if your counting dollars, two if cost is not a concern.
There is no such thing as free installation!
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
Any mono sub amp designed and engineered to operate down to a 1 ohm load. There are many amps on the market that will do this.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
brans_88_stang 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
But which is the best one some are junk some are ok But its the RMS total watts i am after some say ther eare like 1200watts but like 100 RMS watts a guy said the jl audio 1000/1 will supply 500 RMS to each sub
Brantheman
forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
There are a pile of them that are junk. The JL amp as expensive as it is, is a very good amp that will do the job just fine. As would any number of the good big mono amplifiers. This is a case of you needing to research what the amp is really capable of doing, dig deep into the specifications of the amp. Ones to steer clear of, Audiobahn, Boss, Kenwood, Hifonics etc. While some of them may be able to do the job, to compare them to the JL is just not a fair comparison. Find some amps and come back and ask questions if you must.
forbidden 
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  

Here is how to wire them.

2 SVC drivers with Voice Coils in Parallel
This is pretty simple, too. Wire both woofer (+) to the amplifier's (+) and do the same with the (-) connections.
3 Ohm Subwoofer: 1.5 Ohms
two jl10w7's but what amp and how -- posted image.

holty 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
forbidden wrote:

Here is how to wire them.

2 DVC drivers with Voice Coils in Series / Parallel
Connecting the two voice coils of each driver in series (+ to -) and the drivers themselves in parallel (+ to +, etc.) will result in the following impedances:
Dual-1.5 Ohm Subwoofer: 1.5 Ohms
two jl10w7's but what amp and how -- posted image. 

that is not correct, the 10W7's are single 3ohm voice coils.

Holty
'03 Chevy Silverado SS
'04 Nissan Maxima SL
brans_88_stang 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone then draw a diagram on how to hook up the subs right. And  I am goin to use two amps one fo rmy midrange and one for my subs. What size of wire you use comign off the battery.
Brantheman
forbidden 
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

See the edit to my post for the proper diagram according to using a single 3 ohm coil.

brans_88_stang 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

ok what i need to know now is what is the Preamp Output Sec. and the amp input sec. and the Subwoofer out put sec do. And what settings shoud they be on two jl10w7's but what amp and how -- posted image.

Brantheman
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic