icon

two jl10w7's but what amp and how

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brans_88_stang 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
That pic didnt work worth a hoot but i hope you guys understand what i mean anyways
Brantheman
brans_88_stang 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
two jl10w7's but what amp and how - Page 2 -- posted image.
Brantheman
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
The preamp outputs will not be used unless you're sending a signal to another amp.  Infrasonic is JL's fancy lingo for subsonic filter, which you will not need if you're using a sealed box.  I recommend starting with the bass boost off.  If after you set it up, you feel you'd like to use it, read your manual and it will explain the different adjustments.  For the low pass, start around 80 Hz and work from there.  Set the slope to 24 dB initially, then switch it to see which you prefer.  Depending on how strong or weak a signal your amp is getting will determine whether you set the input voltage switch to low or high.  Your manual will give the specifics as I don't remember the exact numbers.  Input sensitivity is gain- you can do a search in here on gain setting.  Output polarity will switch the input signal 180 degrees- unless you have phasing problems, this will be left on normal.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
brans_88_stang 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

ok i will be using two amps  the jl 1000/ for my subs  and a e6450 for my midrange speakers so how do i connect the two amps together or do i need to I know that i will need to run power wire and a the amp turn on and the ground, but now what about he amp preouts. And another question? hwo do i set my cd player settings to get the best performance out of my system i got a pioneer premiere DEH-p860mp. and i might have 5 Polkaudio mm 6510 with crossovers for sale

Brantheman
geepherder 
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
You don't connect the amps together.  You run rca's from the headunit's preouts to the amps.  With your gains down all the way, make your adjustments on the deck until you're satisfied, then set your gains.
brans_88_stang 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  

the amp has a preamp output, amplifer input. and a subwoofer output with 4 holes two pos and two neg what plugs into all this three things

Brantheman
brans_88_stang 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged  
two jl10w7's but what amp and how - Page 2 -- posted image.
Brantheman
geepherder 
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

Why do you insist on using the preouts on the amp?  How many sets of preouts does your deck have?  If you have front/rear/sub, then you'll use the front/rear outputs for your interior speakers' amp and the sub outputs for the sub amp.  If your deck only has front/rear preouts, you can use one or the other (preferably fronts) to connect to the sub amp, then you'll set the preamp outputs on the sub amp to full range and use the crossovers built into the next amp.  If your deck has a sub output and you use that, do not use the preouts on the sub amp because you might send only bass to the next amp. 

As far as the speaker outputs go, it doesn't really matter as long as you don't connect too low an impedence (below 1.5 ohms I believe) to the amp.  It's a mono amp, so both the positives are the same, and both the negatives are the same.  You can just run one positive and one negative to each sub.

brans_88_stang 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
ok that makes sense it jsut through me off why the other preouts was there
Brantheman
brans_88_stang 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
If I  choose the 1000/1, i might have to upgrade my vehicle charging system, Would this mean getting a bigger alternator like a 130 amp one
Brantheman
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic