icon

2006 Scion xB alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cjastacio 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
I just finished installing a Crimeguard 533i4 on my 2006 Scion xB and noticed a problem after testing.  I am able to arm the alarm, even with one of the doors open.  Usually the alarm is supposed to tell me when a zone is bypassed to arm, and it does that with the pin switch I installed for the hood but not with the doors.  The alarm does sound when I close one of the doors when armed.  The alarm will also not start the auto rearm countdown with one of the doors open, this is normal.  But I can't understand why it will arm without alerting me of having to bypass the doors.  I did notice during the install that when any door is open the voltage does not go to exactly zero, only between one and zero.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this????
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  

If you tested the door trigger wire and it starts off at 12volt when the door is closed and goes to 0 when its opened you have the right wire.  If it doesnt, u got the wrong wire.  I know on my car I did get the door trigger from the akward spot in the fuse box.  It was easy for me to get it, because at the time I had my entire upper dash off and I could easily get the wire.  A tip I could probably give you is unplug the harness with the door trigger wire in the fuse box, and u will probably be able to access it easier.  You can also pull off the fuse box cover and make it even easier

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic