icon

2006 Scion xB alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cjastacio 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone please give me a wiring diagram for the 2006 Scion xB.  I found for the 2005 but I am not sure if it the same.  I am also looking for interconnect harnesses so that I can simply plug alarm wiring into the car without soldering any wiring on the car.  I have looked all over the net for this but with no luck.  If anyone could tell me where I could possibly find interconnect harnesses I would be in your debt.  Otherwise the wiring diagram will do. 
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
It's exactly the same as an 05.....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
cjastacio 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all!  I just finished studying the installation instructions for my Crime Guard 533i4 and I would like a little bit of clarification for my car's wire systems.  Now, bear with me because a couple of these questions may have obvious answers but I just want to verify before I start splicing into my factory wiring.  First off, after studying the wiring diaram, that I found on this site, I am assuming that the door trigger is a negative door trigger.  Is this a correct assumption?  Also, regarding the door lock system, I am assuming that my xB has a 3 wire negative system.  Is this also a correct assumption?  My last question is regarding the door locking mechanism.  I really want to keep the driver's side priority unlock.  Out of the factory my xB has a keyless entry system with driver's priority unlock.  Do I have to worry about extra hardware to keep this function with my new alarm or is this function still kept with installation of the new alarm?  I assume that the driver's side priority unlock will still be available with the new alarm installed since the vehicle is wired with this function on the factory keyless entry.  Is this also a correct assumption?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, all three assumptions are correct.
--The door trigger wire will test as a ground when the door is open. Be sure to try at least two different doors----you want the all-door wire; not just the driver's doorpin.
--Yes, to trigger the doorlocks, all you need are the negative outputs from the alarm; no extra relays would be required.
--The correct doorlock wires will test as a ground when you turn the key in the driver's door.
(There are two more wires that test as ground while operating the rocker switch on the door panel; don't use those.)
When the unlock wire receives one pulse from your alarm, only the driver's door will unlock. If it receive's a second pulse soon afterward, the passenger doors will unlock.
If your alarm has separate outputs for first-unlock and second-unlock, connect them BOTH to the car's unlock wire.
If your alarm has only one unlock output, just hook it up. If you press the alarm's unlock button repeatedly, you should be able to get all the doors to unlock on the second press.
cjastacio 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
I am planning on installing a window roll up module with my alarm.  I want it to roll up the windows when the alarm is armed.  So I know that I have to attach it to my negative output when armed wire.  This wire is also used for the starter kill.  I was told taht I should put a diode on each wire.  The wire for the window roll up module and the wire for the starter kill.  On each diode I was told to have the cathode face the alarm.  Is this even necessary considering that each wire, starter kill and window roll up, are essentially sensor wires waiting for a negative feed?  I can't see any situation in which there would be a back feed to the alarm brain from either wire.  Please elaborate if this is true.  Also another quick question.  Is it ok to splice the constant 12v wire for the window module to the alarm constant 12v?  Thank you.
cjastacio 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have an answer for me?  I am planning in the install this weekend so a reply soon would be much appreciated.
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
u only need one dioade......negitive side towards the alarm.
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
If both of the devices read 12V on their inputs when in standby (you can measure it with a DMM), then you probably can do without the diode, but if for instance the window rollup module shows 5V while the relay shows 12V, adding a diode to the window rollup module side would prevent the 12V from the relay from getting to the window module. Also might be a voltage spike from the relay when it shuts off, which may or may not bother the window module.
Most likely the window module input would be designed to handle 12V, but it's only a few cents for the diode, so you may as well add it in for the extra protection. You won't need the diode for the starter kill relay, just the window module.
The window module probably draws very little current, so you should be able to connect to the alarm power input line. Only possible drawback might be if there were some problem with the module and it overdraws the circuit, which could blow the alarm fuse and disable it- but that's unlikely enough that I wouldn't worry about it.
turbo6 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  

The starter kill relay has a negative feedback that's why a diode is needed. Stripe side of the diode (1 amp) faces to the alarm starter-kill wire and the oppisite end to the window up trigger wire.

You NEVER should share the same power connection with the alarm system. Power window modules or power window motors draws over 20-25 amps of current so the supplied 18g wire that is supplying power to the alarm system is not enough to power the windows. 12v at the battey is the idea way.

cjastacio 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, another question...   After studying and matching wires from my alarm and my car's wiring diagram I noticed something.  The ignition and the starter wires are the same color on the same harness for the xB.  Are they the same wire?  If so where do I attach the ignition input for my alarm and where do I attach the starter kill? 
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic