icon

very cheap sound system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t-roy81 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

alright, i had 2 audiobahn flame q 12s in a ported box pushed by two legacy predator supposedly 600rms, the audiobahns blew and im looking to buy two new subs, a dealer near here said that he could get me 2 12 hifonics for $250, would this be a good deal, when i raise 500 dollars more im going to buy a new amp anyway, im going through withdrawals of bass and i really need to get subs back in my car, if this is not a good deal, could you reccomend one that that i could ask the dealer about so he would be able to get me a warranty. i dont want to buy anything off the internet

Oh Man Theres Troy
t-roy81 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

what usually happens if you dont upgrade your alternator and your lights dim severely,

what is the worst that can happen

Oh Man Theres Troy
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

so you want to use subs that are 175 a piece with an amp that is $500?Maybe you should save and spend a moderate amount on both with your $750.Hifonics subs are decent, but it depends on which model.  Can you get that info for us to review?

boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
I would just put one nice $250 sub in a good custom box.
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, chances are your audio bahn's are in a prefab box?
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

The voltage fluctuations can actually damage the very expensive electronics that run your vehicle, if your constantly dropping the voltage below 12 volts your bound to fry something sooner or later. If your alternator can't keep up with your power consumption and you need to listen to the stereo loud, then you need to get a HO alternator to satisfy your electronics and your stereo will be much louder and clearer too if you feed it a constant 14* volts.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
What does your dealer carry, we can definately point you in the right direction if you know the brands they have.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2006 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
Tell us the hifonics subs you plan on getting and then we can go from there.  I would personally save up your money like coppellstereo said so that way you can get something that you really want instead of just getting you to the "next step". I know this is a hard thing to do, trust me! I went more than 4 months in my truck with just a radio that barely worked, let alone have any bass!! (most of the factory speakers in it were blown!) Saving sucks, but in the end its worth it!!
deraynged 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2006 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
i can answer that question first hand. long story short, you're alt begins to fail and burn up and voltage begins to fluctuate. you run the risk of frying your vehicle electronics. luckily my computer didnt fry but it was close only because my vehicle will begin to shutdown unneccesary power consumers like the a/c, nav, interior/dash lights and stereo to attempt to keep the major electronics, computer, headlights and the engine running, if all else fails, everything shuts down. needless to say, i now have an excessive amperage 200amp HO. price was up there but not as pricey as replacing burnt electronics
He Who Fights and Runs Away,
Gets Shot in the Back!!
t-roy81 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2006 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.maxxsonics.com/hifonics/subs_brutus.html    new subs i want two so i dont have to buy a new box

the 12" dual 4 ohms

http://legacycaraudio.com/itempage.asp?model=LA2068   current amps i have 2 of them

http://www.maxxsonics.com/hifonics/amps_brutus.html      hopeful amp  the biggest one

my dealer said the subs were good for the money and the amp was good either way, he sells mostly memphis.

he said he could get me each sub for 125 a peice and the amp for 500

good deal?

will it blow?

how loud will it be and whats the quality gonna be like?

any suggestions are very very welcome, within the same price for the subs, because i cant afford the amp yet anyway, if theres a better cheaper amp please mention it. if theres better same priced subs definately mention it, ill ask him if he can order it for me.

Oh Man Theres Troy
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic