icon

very cheap sound system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  

Those subs will definitely blow if your going with a 2400watt amp! Those subs are only rated 600watt rms. That big 2000 watt amp by hifonics is a mono d amp and is even more overkill for those subs! I'm assuming you like Hifonics so you could go with the Hifonics Zxi 600 bridged @4 ohms 600 x 1. The only problem is you would need two of these amps. ( one for each sub ) That's  $540 bucks just for the two amps!

I personally would buy a better brand for a cheaper price... (2) Orion P series 12 inch dual 4 ohm subs for $110 a piece and an Orion 800watt 2-channel amp for $280 bucks. Parallel wire the subs dual voice coils to 2 ohm impedance. Not only will you save a lot of money, but I guarantee these subs will hit just as hard if not harder than those Hifonics. I also guarantee that these subs and amp will last in the long run over Hifonics too. You can beat this sub and amp for years and it won't fail you! (provided you hooked it up correctly) Go with the Orions! You won't be sorry you did.

t-roy81 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  

thank you but i have another question

ive been tought that it is the amount of power you put into a sub that makes it hit harder, so youre saying that if i get a less power amp that it will hit harder then my 2 600rms amps, how many rms is that orion 800w 2 channel,  i want/need a system that will basically destroy any car that doesnt have more money in it then mine, also will i have to upgrade my alternator and add batteries, i can afford the wire, if this will hit just as hard you just saved my life because i have a guy that will buy those 2 amps for $400 and ill only have to raise like 50 bucks for little stuff hopefully

Oh Man Theres Troy
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  

t-roy81 wrote:
ive been tought that it is the amount of power you put into a sub that makes it hit harder,

Whoever told you this is wrong.  There are many other factors besides power involved, including system efficiency, enclosure design, woofer Xmax, speaker sensitivity, and the actual installation into the vehicle.  I have seen a system hit over 140db with 20 watts.

t-roy, you've been asking many wide-ranging questions and that is good.  I hope you are learning something.  But now I highly recommend you choose a local shop and go lay down your money.  Work with a pro in your area.  Tell them what you want, show them how much you will spend, and let them put together a system that will suit you.  It's time for hands-on and for dollars to get spent!  Cheers.

Support the12volt.com
t-roy81 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
where can i look at that orion amp you are talking about? the biggest two channel i can find is 200 rms x 2 @ 2 ohms
Oh Man Theres Troy
t-roy81 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
ok ive been beating around the bush with all my other bullitens trying to sound smart, but really i just want to know what the loudest system i can get for about 400 bucks, i dont care alot about sq but i do care a little, i just want it to be loud, i have a prefab box 2.7 cf   ported like 3x12x15 or so, i have 4 gauge wiring kit already installed, ill go up to $475 after install and little stuff, i just need amp and 2 12's , dont want to have to upgrade my alternator or batteries, ill change the alternator wire if i have to though
Oh Man Theres Troy
rottenbelly 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
bazooka 500 watt mono from circuit city and two kenwood 12s from crutchfield 130 for 12s ,and 150 for amp. my buddy has that in his truck and it sounded awesome  considering he only spent 280. (homemade box)
rottenbellys 05 crew cab colorado.Pioneer dehp 880prs, kenwood excelon in all 4 doors. Bazooka 500 mono Jl 10w3 in coustom center console box.
willdkartunes 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  

Here is the link for that Orion 800watt amplifier

www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Productid=13476

The amp is $280 and the subs are $220 for both 12s. Thats a little more than you said you wanted to spend, but if you go this route you won't need subs or an amplifier for quite a while. You could keep this setup for many years and watch all your friends stuff blow up and just laugh! I don't care if you turn the volume all the way, they are still going to last. Those subs are loud too! Hook up everything correctly and you won't be dissapointed!

t-roy81 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2006 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  

ok sweet is there any kind of warranty on that website?

if not if you can give me numbers i can bring them to the dealer here and he said he'd order it

btw why isnt that amp on the orion page?

Oh Man Theres Troy
willdkartunes 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2006 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
Orion just came out with their new line of HP amps so thats probably why you don't see it. I personally prefer the old silver ones! I have two right now and I'm getting another one very soon. They look way better in my opinion too! Yes, that website has a one year warranty on all their brand new products.
t-roy81 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2006 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

i just had to pay a rather large ticket so im a little strapped for cash right now, my p.o.s. audiobahns blew and i have $400 and some change to spend on an amp and 2 12's: i already have the box and ampkit.

i just want something that will get right to the point of upgrading electrical, i dont want to have to do that, i have 4 gauge now but i can get wire for free pretty much.

i was just lookin for some help in deciding what to buy. the dealer here doesnt really want to order terrible brands because he doesnt want to lose money on me if it blows, so any help would be of great apretiation(sorry thats spelt wrong but you catch the drift) im really trying to steer away from internet purchases id rather order through the dealer

Oh Man Theres Troy
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic