Hifonics BXi 1206D 1200 rms amp

would that be any good?

would i need to upgrade my charging system

Oh Man Theres Troy
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
What are you looking for out of your system?  You'll probably have to do some upgrading to your charging system.  What kind of vehicle are you putting it in?
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
t-roy81 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  

im looking for an spl system im putting it in a 96 lexus es 300,

what should i upgrade?

Oh Man Theres Troy
t-roy81 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

i have 2 legacy predator amps, supposedly running at 600 rms 2000 peak each, one to each sub

i dont want to upgrade my charging system but i will buy a cap. right now the lights dim drastically, will a cap do anything?

what farrad should i get.

Oh Man Theres Troy
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
The cap won't help. If you haven't already done "the big 3", do that. You'll eventually HAVE to get a HO alternator! 
'85 Toy
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
Read the groundind sticky, do a search for the BIG 3. An amp can't make power unless it is getting power. If it is struggling to get current, it will start to draw from other circuits next. It might be the engine control computer, the GEM module or the lights or all of them (which it is). It is only noticeable to you as the lighting circuit is something that you can see. So get your wiring up to snuff, then get a good battery like a Exide Orbital or Kinetic, then if you have supply issues, look to a HO alternator.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
t-roy81 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

well i have a friend with 2 1600 watt max MA audios hooked up to like 5 farrads i think and it stays at like 13.5 volts for like one or two songs and thats all ill really need any way. his is in a ford explorer and mine is going in a lexus es 300,

doesnt a capacitor hold power until it runs out? i dont understand how they do nothing; it seems like they should at least work for a while, until it runs out

Oh Man Theres Troy
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
A cap does not create power, it uses and stores it for brief instances in time. Yes they can be beneficial but when the demand is outstripping the supply (as it is in 99% of the cases), a cap will not do much good. Address the issues first then look at a cap.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
t-roy81 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

how long will a cap last, i only want to play it loud to show off or whatever, otherwise ill just be playing it normal.

i really dont want to have to spend much money because i dont have any :( its my senior year and im playing lacrosse so i cant work.

Oh Man Theres Troy
t-roy81 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
can some one please just tell me straight up what the big three is, none of this search for it in the top right bs, please just tell me, thank you
Oh Man Theres Troy
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic