icon

SQ amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kopeah 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Well, I've made up my mind thanks to the good ppl here. I've decided to get xtant x604.
I think we need a sticky thread with a list of good SQ amps and list of good SPL amps. It's just something that ppl can refer to when look for amp.
Thanks everyone .. :)
D'Ecosse 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2006 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

I run a set of Lotus Reference, bi-amped from a Tru Technology Copper 7.  With Bi-amping I can run Time Alignment into the separate components.

The result is really good if I say so myself.

I think you can do a lot better than the Xtant - once were considered good, not so these days. An incredible number of these endup on E-Bay E-tailers because of the considerable number of warranty returns.

Tru, Zapco & Brax would be my top choices.

Here's my install .......

SQ amps - Page 3 -- posted image.

fuscobal 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2006 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
I'm going with Audison VRX amps. I would be curious though to here the impression of someone who compared them to Brax, X-Tant, Tru or Zapco ! Regarding the amount of power, it's not that u'll ever need 100W on mids or highs but it's really cool to see that your ears start to distort before the speakers. On properly recorded songs i've never heard distortions on my system no matter how loud it played and i can assure u it played pretty loud sometimes !
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic