icon

iraq_bound, stereo system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
iraq_bound? 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
I would like ANY_ONE to post advice on a project that would include a 3 18" or 4 15" set up in the trunk>
"conspiracy in silence speaks louder than words" -John Lennon
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of car is it going in? judging from the system your looking at i'm assuming your looking for SPL. so expect to lose your back seat unless your drving a limo, or maybe a herse.
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
2004 Ford Focus ZX4 BUTT............>>>>>> iT CAN be traded in?????////////iraq_bound, stereo system -- posted image.
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Its just a little projectiraq_bound, stereo system -- posted image.
darthness 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
have fun fitting 3 18"s or 4 15"s in there. if you can it'll be supoer loud in the right box
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  

4 drivers, I would immediately switch to 4 high output 12's in the proper slot load box.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
Just curious whats a proper "slot load" box?iraq_bound, stereo system -- posted image.
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2006 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
iraq_bound, stereo system -- posted image.Would any  of these subs Quilify ??? Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 1,,,the Kkenwood '"Typhoon",,,nobody likes the Sony Explodes but hey four of themiraq_bound, stereo system -- posted image. and the Alpine Type-E any suggestions would be appreceitated Ha ha ha this dasmn delete button wont work///
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2006 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  

My guess is that Rob's suggestion would be some Eclipse subs.  :-)  

Iraq_bound:

You should be shopping by looking at the recommended enclosure size for a ported enclosure for those woofers.  You should determine if 4 of them will fit in your trunk in a proper enclosure.  Space will be an issue.  Look for the subs that work well in as small a ported enclosure as possible. 

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2006 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
That is going to be very hard with that vehicle trying to fit 4 15"s! You should really go with 12's or 10's. It's still going to be very loud if you do it right. Were you looking to put this just in your trunk? If this vehicle is strictly SPL then you could build a wall... (just a thought) Four 15's in your trunk just ain't happening so I'd say go with four 10"s to give yourself some space to work with. Don't forget you do need amplifiers to run these subs...so these are going to take up space as well, unless you decide to bolt them to the roof!!!hahaha. (not a wise idea) As far as the type of subs to go with it depends on how much your willing to spend and if your actually trying to get serious into competition or just want something that will hit real hard.
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic