icon

iraq_bound, stereo system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
iraq_bound? 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 4 -- posted image..Since I will be out of touch for a minute I'll get this off my chest>>>> I have an all blue "under car"  neon kit, with stock battery and buying 7"s for the two front doors around 150W RMS and 2 6x9's in the rear deck around the same (150W RMS)............ P.S. I am still lookin around for a 4 channel amp to push these.....but any-way I want to know about caps and upgrades on the battery and ALT... this will be my daily driver and I will be installing some more neon or L.E.D.'s under the dash and around the deck/console..plus adding subs/amp in the trunk and dyna-mat all around iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 4 -- posted image.Even though I'm not rich I do use have my re-sourcesiraq_bound, stereo system - Page 4 -- posted image. OK IN ther.......................?????????????        peace all around$$$$$$$$$$
"conspiracy in silence speaks louder than words" -John Lennon
Silvrefox 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
My opinion, Kicker makes a great sounding amp. Very transparent, clean sound. Also user friendly, which is nice to not have to have a degree to be able to set up your sound. As far as SPL systems go, it is hard to beat solobarics (both L5 and L7) and some serious power, say a pair of 12" L7's and a pair of KX1200.1's going and you're gonna be tough to beat no matter where you are. As far as power, I don't like caps. Maybe for looksies, but for my money, junk the GMAC alternator (just don't got enought nuts for a serious system), go for an optima up front and a pair in the back isolated from the front one, of course. You already know it ain't gonna be cheap, but the end result is gonna be some gold in the winner's circle.
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 4 -- posted image.Hello again,, I want to let everyone know how my project is goingiraq_bound, stereo system - Page 4 -- posted image. I just bought a pair of  Infinity Kappa 652.7i (7") for the front, and a pair of Infinity Kappa 693.7i (6x9's) for the rear deck. I do how-ever need some helpful advice from the powes that be...,,,,iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 4 -- posted image.the12volt.comiraq_bound, stereo system - Page 4 -- posted image....,,, on a good 4 channel amp for less than $125.00.... p. s. tha dyna mat stuff is'nt cheap
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2006 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  

What is the amount of watts that would require a capacitor?

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 10, 2006 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  

This is a common misconception.  There is no amount of watts that requires a cap.  A cap is never a requirement in any system.  If you're amps are capable of drawing more amperage than your charging system is capable of, then you need to upgrade it.  If your charging system is up to snuff, you can add a cap if you like.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2006 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
Three 12"s or three15"s  I have heard that  most 15" subs are sloppy and won't perform under high volume, but on the other side of it,,,, is'nt bigger always betteriraq_bound, stereo system - Page 4 -- posted image.      I have a 4000 watt amp that is 1 ohm stable and three subs is what I'm gonna stick with >>>>>>>>>>>any help??
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2006 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
I need some advice on Subs?? There will be three of them in a three chamber sealed box with 1.25 Cu Ft>>>>> I'm on- line right now looking around for the right ones (decent true wattage,dual voice coils,good reputable company,and above all WHAT'S ON THE O'LE BUDGET) These are some of them>>>>>PowerAcousitk FUBR-12 and FUBAR-12w,  MA Audio MA120XE,  Memphis Car Audio 15-PR124D,  Infinity REF1242W,   DUB1200,  JBL GTO1204D,  AudioBahn AW1200N,  MB Quart RWE 304 and 302's  Just to name a fewiraq_bound, stereo system - Page 4 -- posted image.What are any-bodys thoughts on these and any other brands that might reach a good SPL score... . I know I probably wont get any love from this forum for my amp of choice  iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 4 -- posted image.(PYLE PLA 4300D MONO)       but I did buy it for $100 from a friend of mine and maybe get something else later on.
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2006 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
Boy I gues I have to a "BIG SPENDER$" to get any input
bandsaw 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  

Don't get so excited! These guy's are volunteers and probably have lives too.

Reading your posts it sounds like you're expecting a lot for what you want to pay. Odds are they're still trying to figure out how to help you out. They helped me wonders.

As well, go through the history and read some of their posts about similar things you're asking. From your capacitor questions, obviously you haven't done that yet.

Take a breath!

iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
It's all good!! I don't mind taking my time with anything in life You do learn to have patience being in the military an all>>>iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 4 -- posted image. but man o' man Spring Break is coming up and the  ladies are already calling me!!!!
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic