the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

iraq_bound, stereo system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
To make a baffle for the rear deck is also a major modification to the vehicle's structural integrity. Whatever you take out of the back deck, you need to put back in. So to cut out the rear parcel shelf, you would need to manufacture a new heavy aluminum or steel cage to insert your mdf baffle into. You are going to be far better off dropping some of the number of subs and increasing the ability of the sub. Meaning go up into a better grade of sub rather than trying to cram a whole pile of subs that you may not have the space to do so. Not that I want to turn you off of what could be a totally awesome project, done right it will be amazing, just consider all the options.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
iraq_bound? 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 3 -- posted image.I would prefer to just  take out the 6x9"s in the rear deck and with a mounting braket of some kind put just (2) 8s,10s or 12s in there also upgrade the front 2 ( I believe they are 4x6"s) With something better.... I will be keeping the stock radio for the time being( until I have more. money to spend on a dvd player) There is this Schoche interface adapter that allows me to hook up a amp.  I want to see how good it will sound with just thatiraq_bound, stereo system - Page 3 -- posted image. then consider something more extravagant. I still need some info on BRACKETS!!!!!!!!!
"conspiracy in silence speaks louder than words" -John Lennon
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 3 -- posted image.Oh and I' m not stuck on any brands (( .these two))  seem to meet my criteria.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
You're not going to find a premade adapter to go from a 6 x 9 to an 8 or 10 inch woofer.  Also, you only want to use free-air subs if you're just mounting them to the rear deck- most subs aren't meant to play without an enclosure, plus you lose plenty of bass response when you do it that way.  You'll need to stiffen up the rear deck as well, so you won't get annoying rattles from the weak sheet metal that likes to sing.  This Scosche adapter you mention is probably just a line out converter- many companies make them.  My recommendation is to build a box to go in the trunk rather than mounting your subs to the rear deck.  I agree with Rob, there are better companies to consider.  Go listen to equipment before making a decision, and buy what you like.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 3 -- posted image.A web-site (cardomain.com) highlight's 7" 2 and 3-way speakers for the front doors and 6x9's in the rear deck iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 3 -- posted image.if 7's in the front doors  with the 6x9's in the rear deck and a decent 4 channel amp all I would need is some subs in the trunk to have a good systemiraq_bound, stereo system - Page 3 -- posted image. Infinity Kappa's, Kenwood,Pioneer, and Polk has got my attention for the mids and high's, but I'm. perplexed for a 4 channel amp any suggestions?????????? I do read alot on this(the12volt.com  forum) and I would have to say that this sight is awesom and very helpful for those of us trying to learn something new........
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
I am looking for SPL but in Oklahoma,U.S.A. their is'nt much fo competioniraq_bound, stereo system - Page 3 -- posted image. I . heard that Lawton,OK. is having something going on in April but that might be just a rumor
diceman1000 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged  

where are you at in OK?if you're near tulsa go see joey and jeremy at jc's customs,they work out of their garage,they are very knowlageable guy's,and kbow good car audio...tell them that diceman1000 from www.caraudiocentral.net sent ya'...or just cruise over and join the forum...

Damon

diceman1000 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 6:42 AM / IP Logged  

actualy jeremy's in germany...go see joey though:)

Damon

iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
.Okmulgee,OK.iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 3 -- posted image. About Germany I will be going there in either June or July for annual training....... jc's customs uhm............. I'll look into that   Thxiraq_bound, stereo system - Page 3 -- posted image. 
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 3 -- posted image.I would like to ask? what certain characteristics should one look for in a 4 channel amp..
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic