the12volt.com spacer
icon

New to the site, 15 years old, here's my car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbird9290 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tbird9290
Thanks for the luck i will need it when i install the Leds lol. My cars not a ford haha it's a thunderbird i took the ford emblem off lmao
This is what I Think doesn't mean I am wrong doesn't mean im right. I Make my ride look the way I want it I don't care what everyone else thinks... All Eyes On Me -2Pac
LqDFx 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote LqDFx

Why did this tread turn into a Mustang bash? I drive one, I have had 5 of them and I love'em! Kinda nuts that they are everywhere now days, but I drive a 90 and they are not as common.

Anyway, I installed my first system when I was 15 and now at 28 I am still learning! Keep an open mind about what you are doing and test everything. That ground that you might think is good, might not be as good as you think! I just had that problem and I feel like an idiot for spending hours trying to find out why I was not getting my circuit to work!

Have fun!

Sony XAV-A1 HU, RF P4004 AMP, RF P3001 AMP, 2 RF 10" P1S410 Subs, LA S2.35.2 Dash Speakers, LA S2.525.2 Door Speakers, RF FRC3268 Rear Speakers
tbird9290 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tbird9290

It's not that i like mustangs jus theres to many of the new ones like 95 up i think. but i like the older ones the 66 is my fav. Yeah i almost double check everything. after i got my car painted i was driving my car back to my apt complex and i seen smoke rolling out of the passenger side so i disconnected the battery as fast as i could. and searched but it wasn't me. the previous owners left a hot wire under one of the plastic rear panels so yeah wasn't the funnest but atleast it didn't get to my computer.

This is what I Think doesn't mean I am wrong doesn't mean im right. I Make my ride look the way I want it I don't care what everyone else thinks... All Eyes On Me -2Pac
bogey 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogey
tbird9290 wrote:
]It's not whatcha Got It's Who ya know... 2 10" Rockford P1's with a Jensen Amp (I Know soon to be upgraded) Alpine 9813 Deck.
I don't know why you want to get rid of the Jensen amp, that's good stuff!!! Just sell off the rest of the system and add a couple Jensen 6x9's and you'll have the pimpin-est ride around. New to the site, 15 years old, here's my car - Page 2 -- posted image.
We all gotta start some where. I started with an Urban 4 channel amp (Kmart variety $50) and two MTX road thunder 12's. There was a sweet system! (said with a hint of sarcasm)
tbird9290 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tbird9290

I might just get another jensen amp for now and throw 1 or two more 10's in im not sure yet.

bogey 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogey
Come on man, I wasn't totally serious. If you have it, fine. It'll work. However, if you're wanting to get another buy something that has quality for the buck. MTX amps are good for the money. Search the threads for other good brands (this subject has been mentioned a thousand times). Then be patient and look around for some good deals on ebay, etc. If you look around you'll find something with much better quality for probably the same price as the Jensen.
Also, buy clean watts. Don't be fooled when an amp says it puts out 2000watts for $100. I'd rather have the Zapco, Nakamichi, Memphis, Alpine, etc. putting out 50x2.
tbird9290 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tbird9290
I know about the clean watts part but im not real into it all yet my cousin always buys Xtant JL Audio and I think he is putting Memphis in his now... im not all impressed with RF but 4 10's will do untill i save up for some alpines. But im working on it plus im not putting anything else in until i move outta this damn apt complex. Last time i lost the half back of my box and my back seat and my amp.(but it was a pioneer amp so no biggie i guess
bogey 
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogey
I hear ya man. Just buy good equipment when you can and you'll end up with a nice system. You're off to a good start.
tbird9290 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tbird9290
Thanks alot  everone. Now time to get back to soldering...fun fun
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote willdkartunes
Make sure you post some pictures of that stereo system soon! New to the site, 15 years old, here's my car - Page 2 -- posted image. And please, please, please, please don't get anymore Jensen! If your that desperate, then I'LL make an amp for you!! Listen to what bogey said. There is plenty of decent car audio products out there for an affordable price. Jensen is not one of them!!!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic