icon

wich amp to Jackhammer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crzy4507 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
my friend recently came into alot of money and wants to buy a MTX Jackhammer...6,000 watts RMS...12,000 MAX... what amp has enought output to handle this... or how would he connect two amps to push the monster... it is a Dual Voice Coil... any help.. thanks
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
JBL  A6000GTI  6000 watt amp. perfect match. He will have to do a lot of upgrade to his elc. system to power this beast correctly.
Big Dave
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
AND what type of car does he plan to put this in? What they did on MTV was of very poor design (IMO). This sub is not for a daily driver!
ryeguy1 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
the jackhammer isn't even worth the money..
jlord16 
Silver - Posts: 322
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
elec sysetme EXTENSIVE upgrade, not to mention suspension, sound deading, solid steel bracing for the sub housing etc
Clarion DB36MP
Infinity Kappa Perfect 10"
Respone 800w Mono
ALPINE MRP-F250
*Custom fabrications*
boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
Seriously?
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  

I really hope that you weren't serious about this subwoofer!! You never seen the show Pimp My Ride? They put one of the MTX Jackhammers in some guy's little hatchback style car. The first ones to ever do it I do believe (don't remember the exact make of the car though) Talk about major modifications! They had to take out the whole back seats and build what looked like a roll cage for this sub. Entire modifications to the shock system and chassis. Then they took a crane and dropped it in since the thing weighs in at around 350 pounds. A couple rows of stacked amplifiers and a floor full of batteries later, they were done with this killer stereo. Instant SPL competition stereo! They even put a db mic in the dash with a warning light to let him know when he is getting it dangerously loud so as to not go deaf. Pretty insane. When the guy got his car back he thought so too...   I too didn't like the job they did on his car, but hey, it ain't mine...

Not real bad if your getting it done by a tv show for free, but I personally wouldn't even think of spending that kind of money on that sub! If your friend wants to spend that kind of money, then make sure he atleast spends it somewhat wisely!!! You could get a seriously awesome stereo system for a lot less than it would take to mess with that Jackhammer. I really think MTX just came out with that sub just to do something different.

jlord16 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 3:49 AM / IP Logged  
They came out with the sub, to be the first company to do it, i dont think its worth it at all, 6 amps all bridged to work in unison, 6 caps and heaps of yellow tops from memory.  If they did it to my car then i wudnt stop them (who wuld), but a pair of nice subs like the Kicker Solo X (first subs that come to mind) properly powered and stuff will absolutly rock, you would only use the jackhammer to be unique and waste precious money.
Clarion DB36MP
Respone 800w Mono
ALPINE MRP-F250
*Custom fabrications*
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 4:29 AM / IP Logged  
First company to do what?
jlord16 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged  
to make a 22inch subwoffer
Clarion DB36MP
Respone 800w Mono
ALPINE MRP-F250
*Custom fabrications*