Clifford LCD remote recalled?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you for looking.

I have purchased a Clifford rs3.5 or rsx3.5 (can't remember exactly right now) but it came with the older LCD version of the remote controls, the white one with grey in the back. I have heard that DEI was replacing this remotes for free, but I do not know if this is true or not. Anyone knows what is the deal? Do I contact DEI myself and send it in, or do I contact my local dealer and have them send it for me?  I do not have a receipt of the purchase of the alarm(ebay), the remote is brand new, never used. Thank you very much .

mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
Contact your local DEI dealer to see if they have recieved the offical recall notice.If not,then call DEI itself.
"ole blake"
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
Well I am not sure if it is a recall or just a replacement for the old stylse since they were bad I guess.
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
Still doesn't hurt to make a phonecall..
"ole blake"
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
the RSX3.5 was never shipped with the old Gen 1 remote... i would talk to the dealer you bought it from... the RS 3 was shipped with the old remote, but thats because it was an old model.... and i am not aware the Directed ever had a free "upgrade program" on those remotes....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
justtegit 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
well the RSX 3.5 remote sucks ass anyway....the vibrate function stopped working on mine in less than a year, and now the LCD command confirmations only work about 1/3 of the time.  So, 2/3 of the time I will arm my car but the LCS still indicates unlocked, even though I can clearly see the car arm itself....I have spoken to several others with this problem too...they need to recall the carbon fiber remotes too
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
Well I have never heard anything about the carbonfiber looking one. I use that one myself and it works great, with the exception that sometimes when I arm the car right after I shut the door, the remote will give me another beep and will signal the sensors 1 and 2 on the screen, but no extra tone in the car siren at all. If I wait like 6 seconds after I close the door to arm the car, I will not get any of that.
I have heard about the old white ones, they say they suck. I think I am just going to keep mine and use for back up in case I ever need to replace my carbonfiber looking one.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  

justtegit        have you tried unplugging the antenna connector at the antenna and leaving it for 5 minutes and then replugging it in?  this will re-synch the antenna and likey correct the 2-way communication problem you are having.... i have sold dozens (if not now into the hundreds) of the Clifford Responder units RSX3.5 & 1.5 and never had to replace a remote yet.....

you've heard it from me before, but..... it's a poor musician who blames his instrument....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you for the antenna tip. I will do that today and I will let you know if it worked.

jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  

It didn't work. Disconecting the antenna did not solved the problem. 

Maybe the vibration of the door, when I close it, makes the shock sensor be in motion, and when I arm the car during this time, the alarm bypasses it. The shock sensor should be number two in the LCD remote right? I have a glass brake sensor aswell (just some info on what add-on I have in this set up) and this should be sensor number 1 on the LCD remote correct? you think this might be it?

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic