icon

Clifford LCD remote recalled?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
the antenna tip was for another poster... if you noticed i addressed the tip to him.....  it would not apply tothe problem you are having....    the way for you to narrow down which trigger is giving you a problem is to disconnect one and then the other and arm the alarm right after exit... you'll soon narrow down the problem piece and should be able to develop a workaround...   
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  

The thing is that sometimes is sensor 2 and then sometimes is both, 1 and 2. Sensor 2 is the shock sensor and sensor 1 is the glass brake.

I don't care anymore, I can live with it. Waiting 6 seconds after closing a door to arm the alarm is not going to kill me, hahaha. Thank you for everything though.

justtegit 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  

kgerry - like i said I have heard of a number of people with this problem - includiong a professional installer.....just becasue you havent heard of  problem does not mean that it doesnt exist....

think about it logically...if the code hopping was out of sync the remote just straight up wouldn't work...the car wouldnt arm at all....furthermore it would simply never work until it were manually resynced, it wouldnt intermittently work every other day with no rhyme or reason as to when it does or doesnt work. 

but like i said, my problem is NOT that it it isnt communicating, because the car arms/disarms like it should...AND the remote does not beep three times and blink the  "No return signal recieved" indicator....that means that the remote DID in fact receive a return signal.  so by process of elimination...dun dada dun...is the remotes LCD not changing for some reason....NOT the antenna....

as I have said before - it is the smartass that always ends up looking like a dumbass

kgerry 
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  

just offering a suggestion as to the 2 way comminucation problem... as opposed to it acting as a 1 way now....

but hey, with your worldly knowledge and the impressive 26 posts of yours, you obviously dont need the help or suggestions of anyone here.... in fact i'm surprised that you lowered yourself to even asking for help in the first place.....   just thought you "might" like the suggestion of a DEI dealer that has sold hundreds of responder units.... but you obviously know more than i do and i apologize for "offering" you any suggestion at all.....

Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, no need to fight over this.
justtegit 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

sorry to hijack your thread jonchos...

kgerry - my being annoyed was attributed to the needless comment at the end of your post about it being the bad musician not the instrument.  anyway, I am in no way 'not taking suggestions', but I wanted to clear up that I have in fact logically thought it out, and by process of elimination ruled out the antenna already.  i appreciate you trying to help out, but the antenna is not my problem....besides, as far as the remotes being shhhty...no mater what this pagin problem ends up being, there certainly is NO REASON why the vibrate motor should have died after sucha  short period of time.  I have disassembled the remote and doen a basic visual inpection and all of the connections seem secure still....but anyway while I havent heard of anyone else with the vibrate problem (doesnt mean there is noon else, I just havent heard of it), I definitely have heard of others with the same paging issue as me, and it occurs long after the installation took place (ruling out installation error)...

kgerry 
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

i have had about 2 dozen customers now with the RSX 3.5 where the remote stops acting as a 2 way yet works fine as a 1 way... it has happened on my own RSX3.5 on my own vehicle... the doors lock and unlock fine but the remote doesnt show the activity... just beeps like it's out of range, even when i'm standing right beside it..... when the antenna is unplugged ( i usually do it right at the antenna) and left for 5 minutes and re-connected everything works fine again... all 2 way communication is restored..... this has happened to me over a year after i installed it in my own vehicle....  it's just like re-synching a modem......

have never had a customer complain about the vibrate feature not working although i dont know how many of my customers actually use that feature ( i know i dont )... the V mode, just like the display illumination, is defaulted OFF so every time you replace or remove the battery it shuts that feature off.... is it "possible" that you have vibrate and/or paging programmed off?

Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
myblugt 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
From an idiots point of view...(I have never seen a clifford up close.)
If the ant. connector you speak of is a 3 or 4 wire like on an autopage, could it be a bad connection on 1 of the contacts?
I would think it uses 2 wires for tx and 2 for rx and the tx is not making contact until you reconnect it?
Just a thought....
justtegit 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

kgerry - cool thanks for the info....you shoulda mentioned that you have actually solved the problem in your first post, i thought u were just guessing...lol....so how long does your antena solution work for?  does it eventually stop working again? do you often have to disconnect the antenna?

my problem has a slight difference though.  MOST of the time that it doesnt work properly the "out of range" beeps and indicator do not go off....yours DO...my problem is also VERY intermittent....like i said it will work sometimes and not others (i always arm the car within 20 feet or so, so range isnt ever an issue)..i will try out the antenna thing tho.  The only thing is, I reall have no way of knowing immediately if that solved the problem since it works intermittently anyway....only time will tell...if I go about 3-4 weeks without any problem then I will be pretty satisfied that it is fixed...wow that sucks

as far as the vibrate mode being turned off...no, i wouldn't be THAT stupid...every time I change the battery I go into program mode and turn the backlight and vibrate back on...you can see 3 squiggly lines confirming the vibrate mode is ON...i actually still keep it in vibrate just becasue otherwise it beeps with every button press and that annoys me.

thanks for the antena tip...

mybluegt - nice thought, I am not sure we would need an IC diagram from Clifford probably...and I am sure those are probably not easy to get...but i guess its possible

myblugt 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2006 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
I was talking about the ant. wire connector where it plugs into the module and/or ant. assuming they are similar to an autopage. Not an IC.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic