icon

louder, truck or car?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
The question was car vs. truck. Now if you throw in SUV and hatchbacks then its a little different. SUVs are usually easier to produce higher SPL numbers because they are bigger and have more room for the sound wave to create itself. But again like i said it might seem louder in a truck but numbers wise it usually isnt...atleast some of the ones i have seen.
2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
I have found it to be easier to get louder with a hatchback car the easiest.....from there I would still tkae a trunk car over a truck.    I have messed with a mazda extended cab for quite awhile and I really dont like the way they build pressure.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

wildkartunes...  Not being mean or anything, but the subs don't go all the way in the back because then there would be no air space.  The subs need a box of some sort and air to be a cushion.  The air has to fit the requirements too.

That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

That is true that the original question refers to trucks vs. cars. Since I think that trucks could certainly compete on the level of SUV's and hatchbacks then that kinda answers the question.  Unless someone was to do something radical with a car.... exactly what I like.... putting something insane that is just so hard to fit in such a small area!  

=example= 

I saw a Honda Civic a couple of days ago with eight 15 inch subs in it! That's what I consider to be radical!!!

I do understand that subs need airspace! I was saying for instance with an SUV, they don't put the sub wall in the second row of seats, or third for that matter.... it's right behind the front seats. The 1999 Bass Mekanik Blazer is a perfect example. Big vehicle with plenty of room. And where are the PPI subs located? Not way in the back cuz that wouldn't make sense. (and yes there is plenty of air space back there) The wall is again right behind the seats where it belongs....

There sure is a lot of people who don't like trucks for SPL. Not surprising though. There isn't a lot of room, that's true. No room is what makes it challenging! It would be too easy for me if I had tons of room to work with!  I guess if I was rich or sponsored then hell yeah I'd go and get me a big SUV and let my imagination run wild! Until that happens.... it looks like it's my duty to put trucks back on the map of SPL competition! louder, truck or car? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. It is possible and I will prove it very soon.  Look for me up and coming shortly in shows! One very crazy guy with one very crazy truck!  *willlllldkartunes*

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic