icon

2006 Dodge Charger remote start/keyless

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nexdeci 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
When checking with a voltage meter, the wire said to be the starter wire has no voltage during cranking. Last I knew this wire is supposed to show +12v when cranking. I'm at a loss of ideas on this one.
nexdeci 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, seems we've narrowed it down. The yellow starter wire and blue ignition wire from the R/S are not putting out 12 volts during the remote start procedure. The start wire in the car IS showing 12 volts during start, I was mistaken on that one.

Any idea why these wires aren't putting out the voltage they're supposed to during the remote start procedure?

nexdeci 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Fixed the problem. Got the remote start working but now Ive got a check engine light that won't go out. Any ideas?
nexdeci 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry to be a pain in the neck. This install has been a terror and a half.

Here's the status of things..

Remote start is now working. I've got it set for voltage checking. The remote start will crank and start and a second or two later it will shut off. The remote start will then crank and start a second time  and will stay running.

When running under remote start none of the gauges are working. Once I put the key in, turn it to on and disengage the remote start the gauges will turn on. If I start the car with the key the gauges will work just fine.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
nexdeci wrote:
Remote start is now working. I've got it set for voltage checking. The remote start will crank and start and a second or two later it will shut off. The remote start will then crank and start a second time and will stay running.
Have you tried using option 14 of your manual? The "crank averaging" option? This may help with your problem.
nexdeci wrote:
When running under remote start none of the gauges are working. Once I put the key in, turn it to on and disengage the remote start the gauges will turn on. If I start the car with the key the gauges will work just fine.
The accessory/second wire I information I posted was from DEI. Chris Luongo gave a different way to wire this circuit and in my opinion his approach makes more sense than the DEI listing, you can find his information here (this is copied and pasted from his earlier post in this thread). I would try this method, as it seems to me that your accessory wire is not activating correctly.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic