icon

2006 Dodge Charger remote start/keyless

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nexdeci 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
Scratch that, it looks like it's the 456L that I need for this thing.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
If you use the Omega/Bypasskit.com/Fortinautoradio piece then you can get everything you need including a Sentry bypass in one box. You can see the installation manual here. As others have already stated, this piece does lock/unlock/arm/disarm/trunk release/second starter wire with only 2 vehicle connections.
nexdeci 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  

Well, I already bought the Directed transponder bypass as well as the 457CW. The 457CW I'm going to have to to bring back for credit. I'm just going to use relays to do the door lock/unlock.

The manual for the APS997 doesn't list a second starter wire. It does however list an ignition 2. Are these the same wire?

Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
nexdeci wrote:
The manual for the APS997 doesn't list a second starter wire. It does however list an ignition 2. Are these the same wire?
No, they are not, the starter output only energizes while the starter cranking, not in any other position. There is a BLACK / YELLOW listed as a "ground output during start (crank)", I believe this is the wire you would use to trigger a relay during the cranking sequence.
nexdeci 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, so the BLACK / YELLOW wire should go into a relay and then I should come from the relay to the 2nd Starter wire?

Is the 2nd ignition wire for this unit needed, if so where is it supposed to be hooked up?

Twelvoltz 
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
Here (using the correct resistor values) is how you wire the second starter/accessory circuit in the 2006 Charger. This diagram is for DEI branded starters, and I do not see a negative output for accessory on the Audiovox piece. In your application you would use the BLACK / YELLOW in place of the purple shown in the diagram. You would also need to change the accessory relay's 85 and 86 pins, you would use the heavy purple positive accessory output to trigger the relay(85), requiring the other end of it(86) to rest at ground (as opposed to triggering with a negative and supplying a constant hot). Your car does not require a second ignition output so that wire will not be used.
nexdeci 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much. Been having a bad case of brain freeze lately. Now I understand.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 16, 2006 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
That DEI diagram is okay.....but is a little more complicated than necessary, and also causes the car to not quite operate properly.
Here is how I wire them up:
http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002073#000000
And here is an excerpt from that post:
If you supply ground through a resistor, it'll work. But then when you insert the key for take-over, the climate controls and radio shut off until you hit the brake. I didn't like that.
85: ground-while-running from remote start
86: ignition 2 from remote start
87: 610-ohm resistor. I chose to connect the other side of the resistor to the factory Chrysler ground wire in the ignition harness; I think it was PURPLE / orange. But chassis ground should be fine.
---CUT PURPLE / TAN WIRE IN HALF---
87a: keyswitch side of PURPLE / tan
30: car side of PURPLE / tan
Also, connect BLACK / YELLOW Audiovox "pulse during crank" to 30. This works perfectly on Caravans, with no resistor and no relay, so I don't see why it wouldn't work here.
Twelvoltz 
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
85: ground-while-running from remote start
86: ignition 2 from remote start
87: 610-ohm resistor. I chose to connect the other side of the resistor to the factory Chrysler ground wire in the ignition harness; I think it was PURPLE / orange. But chassis ground should be fine.
---CUT PURPLE / TAN WIRE IN HALF---
87a: keyswitch side of PURPLE / tan
30: car side of PURPLE / tan
Also, connect BLACK / YELLOW Audiovox "pulse during crank" to 30. This works perfectly on Caravans, with no resistor and no relay, so I don't see why it wouldn't work here.
Has anyone tried using this method with a DEI piece, using their purple negative starter output? I assume it would work the same since they are both just transistor outputs.
nexdeci 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
I ran the setup twelvoltz gave me already. I seem to be having a problem with remote start though. Dash lights and radio turn on but the car isn't cranking. Any advice?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic