icon

2006 Dodge Charger remote start/keyless

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nexdeci 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
What is the correct remote start bypass module to use for a 2006 Dodge Charger?
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  

556u dei made the product

how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
The 556U is a solid solution, for bypassing the transponder in the vehicle. This piece requires one pre-programmed key installed in a box to work.
There is another option from bypasskit.com (Omega) that will do a little more than just the transponder bypass. It will program to the vehicle just like adding another key and not require losing a key (2 pre-programmed keys needed to program the unit). It will also allow you to lock/unlock, arm/disarm, pop trunk, via a single vehicle wire connection and give you the correct output for the second starter/accessory wire too.
http://bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=CHDL7-PK2
hawn13 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
dei556cw will work to and you won't lose a key just need two programmed keys which you should have gotten
nexdeci 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
I'm going to be doing a 2 step unlock setup on an '06 Dodge Charger. I'm wondering if anyone knows the wires to use for such a setup.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
You would be better off getting a combo bypass module that does the doorlocks and transponder. It would also control the factory alarm assuming your car has one.
Check your PM's.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
I belive the doorlock motor wires have no "rest state" on new Chryslers-----you'd need to perform TWO 5-wire setups----one to give positive to one side of the driver's actuator, and the other relay to ground the other wire.
That's a lot of work.
I'd look into a databus module, as JWorm said.
Another possible solution, which we've done where I work, is to install two separate products-----a simple, one-button remote start, as well as a "keyless upgrade" alarm system------then, the customer would just be using their factory remotes, which already has the features they want.
Or, if range is not a concern, you could even do a keyless-upgrade alarm, AND a remote start off the factory remotes.
nexdeci 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
In reading the replies I think I might have not been very clear in what I'm looking to do.
The vehicle already has keyless entry. As for a factory alarm, there doesn't seem to be one. On the current keyless entry setup if you press the unlock button once, only the driver's door unlocks. If you press the unlock button twice then all four doors unlock. That's what I'm looking to have the aftermarket system do.
nexdeci 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Asked for a 556CW today and got a 556UW. Guess I'll have to take it back and swap it. Thanks for the help folks!
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

dei#457cw i think.....ibelieve this will help.

data bus interface w/ 2 step unlock(drivers priority)

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic