icon

06 Camry, Crimestopper 2016FM

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rfh1234 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2006 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, I need wiring info for a 2006 Camry. It is just a base model. I am installing a Crimestopper 2016FM. Is it the same as the 2005? I put a Crimestopper 2005FM in my 4Runner a few years ago using only info & help from people on this site. The installation came out great. Worked correctly the very first try. Hopefully this vehicle will be the same.

I checked for requests on this vehicle and found none. I hope this isn't a duplicate question.

Thanks, Ron

rfh1234 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 5:07 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I am about to start installing a Crimestopper 2016FM in a 2006 Camry. This is a BASE MODEL Camry, not a “Limited” or anything like that, just the base model (though it comes nicely equipped)  I already have the standard wiring printout, many thanks for that. I am not a pro installer, but I have installed a Crimestopper 2005FM in my 4-Runner 5 years ago(?) and a Crimestopper 2006FM in my wifes Solara a year or so ago. Both solely with the help from people here. I've tried to be a minimal pain in the a** and I try to find my specific answers before posting. Both systems previously installed worked flawlessly when tested.

This car is for my daughter going to college and a 3 day a week job. I could have it installed, but a lot of installers are looking to get in & out quickly and I wouldn’t want to pay the extra for someone to do a spectacular job, so I guess I’ll do it myself, again. I want to try and make it at least a little difficult for anyone who'd try and steal this car 

I know I could ring all wires out, test and double test everything, but if someone has the knowledge already and could just help me out, I'd save a ton of time

Materials. I was going to use the blue wire connectors from Radio Shack. You lay the wire you want to tap into on one side and the alrms wire on the other, close and squeeze. Does anyone have a problem with these connectors? Obviously soldering would be best, but… I guess I’m just a bit lazy

I was going to install the alarm/remote starter brain in behind the instrument cluster. There appears to be enough room for this and possibly any relays plus it would be difficult for someone to get to quickly or comfortably. Do this sound good?

Some of this is asking for info and some I am just looking to confirm that I’ve got it right

Anyway.... I started at the ignition switch. It was amazing how quickly & easy this car is to disassemble. The ignition switch plug has 2 BLACK / YELLOW wires in it. One for 2nd starter and one for 2nd ignition. I need the one for IGN 2. How do I tell which BLACK / YELLOW wire is for IGN 2 and which for 2nd starter

As for the 2nd starter. I read that this is for cold day starts(?) and unless hooked up, car wont crank with remote start on very cold days, yet I see no connection on my alarm for the 2nd starter wire

Door lock wires. I have kick plate removed and there are 3 wire harnesses coming out of door. Top harness is white w/8 wires, middle is grey w/4 wires, lowest plug is blue with 9 wires. Id prefer to make connection here opposed to at fuse box area, again to make things difficult for thief, but am unsure which harness is right one. It also appears that I may have to push the “unlock” button on remote twice to unlock all doors. Once for drivers door and again to unlock other doors. I’d like to avoid this if possible

Trigger. Do I have to run more than 1 wire for this. Are these doors independently triggered? It appears that there are 3 wires, each requiring a diode, one for each front door and 1 for the 2 rear doors, but my alarm manual says that I could go to the one wire that turns the dome light on when any door is opened. However, I thought I read that you can get faulty readings as far as door ajar etc. if you do it this way

As for the headlights, parking lights, signals, I have steering column cover removed and total access to plug that goes into light switch on steering column. I'd prefer to wire any flashing lights etc here but dont know which wires to tap into. The plug has 12 wires in it

Horn trigger, does anyone know off the top of their head if horn circuit requires +12v, if it does I need to install a relay to make this work, which is no big deal, I'd just like to know 

Dome light. Does my car have a pos or neg dome light system. Both require a relay, it would just be nice to know. I’m obviously not great at testing wires. Is this the “Dome Supervision” light on the wiring chart?

I know this is a long post. I tried to think of everything I would need to know to avoid multiple posts. Hopefully someone can help me out. I appreciate any info, regarding these specific questions or otherwise.

If allowed on this forum I’ll write up what I did for the complete installation when I’m through and it works. Hopefully it’ll help others out. The wiring document is good to have, and I bought a Haynes Manual for how to get things apart and the wiring diagram, but those aren’t telling/solving everything

Thanks in advance,
Ron, Boston, 39 (wow, almost 40)
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
ron do you know if this car has transponded key?
rfh1234 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

No transponder. It's just a base model

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - TOYOTA / CAMRY / 2006 / Remote Start
[PRINT THIS PAGE]
12volts WHITE/ red (30A), white (5A)  +  ignition harness
Starter BLACK/ white  +  ignition harness
Second Starter BLACK / YELLOW  +  ignition harness
Ignition BLACK/ red  +  ignition harness
Second Ignition BLACK / YELLOW  +  ignition harness
Third Ignition N/A    
Accessory blue/red  +  ignition harness
Second Accessory N/A    
Keysense blue  -  ign harn or BECU, top plug, pin 19
Notes: Using the status output to trigger this wire during remote start will disarm the alarm without unlocking the doors.
The Body ECU is attached to the back of the fuse box under the driver side dash. The plugs for the BECU are on the left side edge.
Power Lock blue / YELLOW  -  DKP or bottom of fusebox, 20 pin plg
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.
Power Unlock blue (double pulse)  -  DKP or BECU, top plug, pin 22
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.
The Body ECU is attached to the back of the fuse box under the driver side dash. The plugs for the BECU are on the left side edge.
Can also use the passenger door key cylinder unlock wire, which only requires a single pulse. It is blue/white (-) in the BECU, top plug, pin 21.
Lock Motor blue/red  5wi DKP or bottom of fusebox, 13 pin plg
Unlock Motor blue/black  5wi DKP or BECU, bottom plug, pin 11
Notes: The Body ECU is attached to the back of the fuse box under the driver side dash. The plugs for the BECU are on the left side edge.
Parking Lights+ green  +  DKP or bottom of fusebox, 20 pin plg
Parking Lights- red  -  switch or BECU, top plug, pin 8
Notes: The Body ECU is attached to the back of the fuse box under the driver side dash. The plugs for the BECU are on the left side edge.
Hazards lt. GREEN/ black  -  switch or BECU, middle plug, pin 10
Turn Signal(L) GREEN / WHITE  +  turn signal flasher relay in DKP
Turn Signal(R) GREEN/ YELLOW  +  turn signal flasher relay in DKP
Reverse Light RED / black  +  DKP or bottom of fusebox, 20 pin plg
Door Trigger see notes  -  see notes
Notes: The LF door is RED / green in the BECU, bottom plug, pin 1. The RF door is RED / green in the BECU, top plug, pin 11. The rear doors are RED / white in the bottom of the fuse box, 20 pin plug, pin 7. Use all three wires and diode isolate each.
Dome Supervision GREEN/ red  -  ignition key cylinder light
Trunk/Hatch Pin green  -  DKP or BECU, bottom plug, pin 6
Hood Pin black  -  theft deterrent ECU behind glovebox
Trunk/Hatch Release WHITE/ blue  5wi DKP or BECU, bottom plug, pin 12
Power Sliding Door N/A    
Factory Alarm Arm arms with lock    
Factory Alarm Disarm disarms with unlock    
Disarm No Unlock use key sense wire    
Tachometer BLACK/ orange  ac  ECM behind glovebox
Notes: On the 4 cylinder models, it is in the 2nd plug from the top, pin 1. On the 6 cylinder models, it is in the top plug, pin 5.
Can also go to any ignition coil or fuel injector and use the wire that is NOT BLACK/ red, WHITE/ red, or WHITE/ black.
Wait to start N/A    
Brake Wire GREEN / WHITE  +  sw or bottom of fusebox, 20 pin plug
Parking Brake RED / white  -  parking brake switch
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
You can use the GREEN/ red supervision wire as door trigger if you wish, it will have a 3 second delay. It won't have a trunk pop wire if it doesn't have factory keyless entry. The horn wire is a negative GREEN/ black at the steering column, doesn't need a relay. The blue unlock wire will unlock the drivers door with the first pulse, and all the other doors with a second pulse.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
rfh1234 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

*Note – I unhooked battery to keep airbags from popping and have many plugs unplugged ie. Instrument panel/ radio/ heater so I can run wires and see where I have available space for system brain/ relays/ modules, so testing wires for + or – isn’t readily do-able

Looking over everything I come to the following conclusions

On My Crimestopper 2016FM there is a 9 pin plug

ORG/BLK     OEM Disarm

ORANGE      Armed Output (500mA) Starter Disable
BLU/WHT     Passenger Unlock
BLU/BLK      NEG IGN or AUX. # 2
GRN/RED    AUX. #1
BLK/WHT     NEG DOME LIGHT (500mA) ILLUMINATION OUTPUT
BRN/WHT    NEG HORN HONK
BROWN       SIREN
GREEN        NEG START ACTIVATION

ORG/BLK       NOT NEEDED (?) -  I have no factory alarm or keyless entry

ORANGE        NEEDED w/RELAY - Goes to relay that cuts starter wire Effectively this is the kill

switch(?) and serves as an anti-grind starter feature also

BLU/WHT       HOPEFULLY NOT NEEDED - Hopefully all doors will unlock with a single push of

the button. But can hook-up if absolutely required

BLU/BLK         NOT NEEDED (?) - Grounds while remote starting for use when factory security

bypass modules or when an additional IGN relay is required for installation (Is this
                          for key transponder?) Also provides NEG output when button 3 is pressed/held for
                          more than 2 seconds. (For trunk release or pwr windows etc?)

GRN/RED        NOT NEEDED - For trunk release/button 3 momentary press. Also disables radio

in valet mode if so desired, when hooked to relay. I don’t have electric trunk release
                           on car so this wire should NOT be needed

BLK/WHT         NEEDED/WANTED - Use w/relay for dome light to come on w/disarm (arm?)

BRN/WHT        NEEDED/WANTED – I believe this honks horn in addition to siren. If 12+ is   

required for horn to operate then relay is required. BUT is my horn 12+
                           I have this on my other alarm and like it, as it sets MY alarms sound apart from
                           many others

BROWN           NEEDED - No brainer

GREEN            NEEDED – This is what triggers the remote start sequence ?

There is also a 3 PIN PLUG

WHT/RED        TACH INPUT

BLACK              GROUND
WHITE              +12V or 500mA NEG Parking Light Output

WHT/RED        NOT NEEDED? Unit is capable of tachless and I think I went that route with my

other car/alarm

BLACK              NEEDED - No Brainer

WHITE              NEEDED – Connects to parking light switch. Unit has jumper for either 12v + or – 

Is this picked up in steering column. A large plug plugs into blinker/lights switch on
                           column, but I don’t know which wire I need on it

There is a 5 PIN PLUG

VIOLET              + Door Pin Switch Output

GREEN              - Door Pin Switch Output
BLUE                    Hood/Trunk Pin Switch Output
PINK                     Carjack trigger / Diesel glow plug input
WHITE                +12V Brake Reset

VIOLET            Either Violet or Green is used for door pin switch. Which one do I need? Does the

Camry I have have isolated door triggers which I have to wire with a diode or if it
                          does, can I just tap into dome light wire which goes on regardless of which door is
                          opened? I’ve read that tapping into dome light activation wire messes up the dash 
                          lights warnings, door ajar etc.??? Yes/no?

GREEN           Same as above

BLUE               NOT NEEDED – No Hood/Trunk Pins installed or wanted
PINK                NOT NEEDED
WHITE             NEEDED - No Brainer

3 Pin Plug for DOOR LOCK/UNLOCK

GREEN             - LOCK / + UNLOCK

BLUE                - UNLOCK / + LOCK
RED                  +12V for EXTERNAL RELAYS

GREEN            NEEDED / NOT NEEDED? 06 Camry Base Model

BLUE                NEEDED / NOT NEEDED? 06 Camry Base Model
RED                  NEEDED / NOT NEEDED? 06 Camry Base Model

Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  

Your orange starter kill will cut the black.white starter wire. 

The blue white is needed, as it will take two pulses to unlock all doors. Tie this wire to the blue unlock wire and then both to the blue unlock wire in the drivers kick panel. This will give you 2 stage unlock. 

Yes, BLACK/ white thru a relay to the GREEN/ red coming from the key illumination ring at the column.

BROWN / white doesn't need a relay, directly connect to GREEN/ black in the column.

Green is not needed, that's for an external trigger for the RS.

Use the green(not violet) wire for door trigger. You can either use independant triggers or just tie it to the GREEN/ red at the key illumination ring. It will work fine there and will be triggered by all doors.

The blue trunk wire is easy, hook this to the green wire in the kick panel. It's the second harness forward from the door jamb, there's a white plug there. It's in that. This will cover the trunk for the alarm.

As for the locks, green goes to blue / YELLOW in the car, blue goes to blue in the car(along with your blue/white 2nd unlock wire). These are found in the KP, the harness coming from the door. The red isn't needed.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
I've done a LOT of Camrys---I'll try to read over your post and answer all your questions.
--Materials: I've used those squeeze-on "Scotchlok"-type connectors plenty of times, and haven't had one fail yet.
Many other installers look down upon those connections, though.
All that being said, you do have two issues-------1. Blue is the wrong size; that's for medium wires. For things like doorlocks, parking lights, and so forth, you need the red connectors. 2. You said you're trying to hide the install; it is difficult to hide Scotchloks.
--Testing/Finding/Battery/Unplugging stuff: There's pretty much NO way you can figure out which BLACK / YELLOW is Ignition 2 and which is Starter 2.....
without staring at the backside of the switch and referring to a factory Toyota wiring diagram, and even then, I wouldn't trust it.
There are many other wires that share the same color with other, unrelated wires in the car. You'll find that there are a LOT of greens, GREEN / WHITEs, and GREEN/ blacks all over the place.
The proper way to do it is to plug all that stuff back in, reconnect the battery, and properly TEST each and EVERY wire before you make a connection.
--Domelight supervision: The Camry's domelight automatically comes on when you unlock the door, EXCEPT when the engine is running.
As long as you can live with the domelight not coming on when the remote start is running, I wouldn't bother connecting domelight supervision at all.
--Door trigger: There's an illumination ring around the ignition key cylinder; this lights up when any of the doors are opened. It's a small GREEN/ red wire in the ignition harness; I use that for door trigger.
--Horn honk: GREEN/ black, tests as negative trigger when you blow the horn. Found either in the steering column wiring harness, or in a large plug at the bottom of the fuse box. No relay required.
--Parking lights: Postive-trigger, green, in plug at bottom of fusebox. Also, negative-trigger, red, in steering column harness. Use either wire you want, just be sure to not forget to set that jumper accordingly.
--Brake: GREEN / WHITE, in large plug at bottom of fusebox. (Make note that you can get + lights, horn, AND brake all at this one same place.)
--Tach: I do hear that Crimestopper has a pretty good tachless mode. But you do already have the instrument cluster out already, right?
At the cluster, there's one plug where almost all of the wires are white.
TOP row of the plug; that's the row with the clip on it.
CENTER of top row, right near the clip, you'll see that there are two pins that are sort of "equally centered", if I'm saying it right. They're just below the clip.
One of those pins is empty; the other is tach.
--Trunk trigger: In the kick panel, you have three plugs toward the front of the car; two plugs toward the rear.
Trunkpin is green, in the lower-rear plug.
--Locks: Again, in the kick panel, find those three plugs toward the front of the car. If you look at where the wires go, you can see that they're actually coming in from the door boot.
Bottom plug, find the blue / YELLOW; it tests as ground when you TURN THE KEY in the driver's door to the lock position.
Top plug, blue wire, is unlock; tests in the same way.
Connect your Crimestopper's output to the blue / YELLOW.
Connect your Crimestopper's driver-unlock AND passenger-unlock outputs to the blue wire...........The first pulse from the alarm opens the driver's door only; the second pulse opens all doors.
P.S. Whereabouts in Boston are you? I'm on the North Shore.
rfh1234 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

Spectacular !

Thanks!
Ron

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic