97 Sebring, Viper 560XV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
electricd7 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I am waiting on my Viper 560XV to arrive. I have been reading over the install manual, and i have it pretty well figured out. However, the one question I have is that I will also be installing a Glass Break Sensor (506T) module. Which wire does this hook into? I read the manual and it appears to hook into H1/7 Blue wire. That is fine, except that the H1/7 wire also appears to control the trunk release (AUX) function on this system. How is this possible??
Also, on the 506T module, it appears to have power/ground/and signal wires. Will I need to run separate power/ground or can this be taken from the 560VX module as well? Thanks in advance!
ED7
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
Could anyone link me to the directechs wiring sheet for my 1997 Chrysler Sebring Lxi coupe? I have the one from this site, but the directechs sheets have more information that I might find handy. Thanks so much in advance.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks alot. This confirms what I was wondering. I can't find a place to trigger a "trunk-pop". My factory fob (when I had it) had a button to pop the trunk, but none of the diagrams I have found show a wire to trigger this. Can anyone help?
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I was wrong! There is no trunk button on the original remote. I will have to install a solenoid. Is it possible to put the solenoid cable in place and leave the original "lever" system working as well? I am not really interested in having the button installed for the solenoid, I will only use this with the alarm button. I want to still use the lever to open the trunk while inside the car. Thanks!
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
Also, once I get the release installed, will the alarm go off if I pop the trunk without disarming? I guess ideally I would like the trunk button on the remote (viper 560XV) to disarm the alarm, then open the trunk.
It looks like the trunk output on this alarm is -, so i will have to use a relay to power the solenoid since it will be expecting +, correct?
Sorry for all the questions, I am new to this.
Joe Neal 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Doesn't the Viper DisArm Factory with Trunk & Door Buttons
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I will be installing a Viper 560XV system that will require (from what I understand) at least 3 relays (trunk, dome light, and horn.) My question is, where should I get the 12V required for these relays? Should I use the same source for all the relays (ie, tap off the battery and then split it to the 3 relays?) Also, the manual kinda indicates that i will need relays to arm/disarm my factory alarm system (97 Chrysler Sebring Lxi). Does this sound right?
tom badger 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
I normally will tap off of the 12V positive hot wire or wires feeding the ignition. Solder & tape the connections. Each relay should have its own fuse (sized correctly for the circuit its going to feed) within a few inches of the tap. I always try to find a place that is convenient & accessible to mount the relay(s) and arrange the wires in a neat fashion (usually run them along with an existing loom of wires and wire tie or tape them together after I'm done with all the wiring and have tested to make sure everything works correctly.
As far as needing relays to arm/disarm the security, it depends on the input/output of the R/S and whether or not they are the same as the polarity of the factory system in the car. You may (or may not) need to reverse polarity to make it work. See the diagrams on relays (reversing polarity) on this site for how to connect them.
The Badger
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks alot! Yea I saw that the polarity that is output from the RS is the same as is needed to arm/disarm my factory system, but then it references a relay even for the (-) output, which is what it is by default?? Just a little confusing on that bit. Is there a place that sells a little box that can be mounted that has 4-5 fuse holders in it and will accept a wire and fuse it out to the outputs? I have seen these for car audio (distribution blocks) but don't want somethign that beefy! I just want an easy way to get back to the fuses if one blows without taking my dash apart again. Thanks again!
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic