icon

97 Sebring, Viper 560XV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
electricd7 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
Whoa..didn't realized I replied to my own topic earlier about the relays instead of starting a new topic. Anway 2 questions remaining:
1. Does the viper alarm disarm automatically when I pop the trunk (AUX button)
2. What is the easiest way to go from the ignition wire (12V) to my 4 relays with fuses between. Is there a blade-fuse distribution block or something I can buy??
Oh and I guess 3. saw that the polarity that is output from the RS is the same as is needed to arm/disarm my factory system, but then it references a relay even for the (-) output, which is what it is by default??
Thanks!
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I am installing a Viper 560 in my 97 Sebring LXi. It has factory progressive door unlock built in (ie, works that way with the factory remote.) Will progressive door unlocking be as easy as just hooking up the unlock trigger from the Viper to the unlock wire in my Sebring? Thanks.
ED7
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
you have to find the driver unlock motor, cut the wire and put a relay into it.
then tahe the two pin door harness and take the unlock to the relay
the second unlock will go to power unlock in the car
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 7:42 AM / IP Logged  
Hrmm...this doesn't sound like what I have been reading. Why do I need to do this, again? And can you possibly draw a diagram for the relay wiring for me? Nothing pretty..can just be text. Thanks.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
On some Newer Vehicles, a simple Negative Pulse will Unlock Driver Door First, then another Negative Pulse will Unlock the rest.
On your 97 Sebring, you will need a SPDT Relay to Unlock Driver Door First.
Find the Driver UNLOCK Motor Wire @ Relays, Kickpanel, or Door boot.
Cut wire in half
( Test for voltage by pressing Door Switch )
One half goes to Unlock Switch
One half goes to Actuator ( Motor )
SPDT Relay:
PIN 87 =  12 Volts ( + ) Constant
PIN 87a =  wire from Door UnLock Switch
PIN 30 =  wire to Actuator
PIN 85 = 1st Negative UnLock Output from Alarm
PIN 86 = Constant 12 volt ( + )
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
Ok...i can do that. Is that all I need to get progressive unlocking working? Or does that only take care of the driver's door? I am having a hard time visualizing what is actually happening. Thanks for all the help, you guys really take care of the "newbs" here :)
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
Hello-
Me again..just trying to get all the wiring down on my car. I have a 97 Sebring LXi with a factory alarm system. I am installing a Viper 560XV in that car. I would like to disarm the factory alarm when I disarm the viper, and arm the factory when I arm the viper. It seems that there is a (-) wire for disarming and arming the system in my car (GREEN/ YELLOW arm, and GREEN / WHITE disarm). It also seems that there is a corresponding (-) wire on the viper for doing this (ltg/blk disarm, and G/W arm), however, the manual for the viper indicates that I will need to use a relay for this function. If my car wants (-) and the viper puts out (-), then why would I need a relay. Sorry this is obvious, but thanks for the help in advance!
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  

Some Installers use Relays ( because it is recommended ), some wire direct.

Meter the Factory Arm/Disarm wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.

Also, since you have Factory Alarm:

To unlock only the driver door on models with keyless entry, use BROWN / blue (-) at the relays behind the radio.....( if it's there )

MO
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so if I use my first unlock wire from the viper into the BROWN / blue (-) behind the radio to unlock the driver door, then use the 2nd unlock wire from the viper to the brown (-) wire this would give me progressive door unlocking without the relay?? Thanks
mo12v 
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
Only if it is there..........Meter wires first
MO
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic