icon

97 Sebring, Viper 560XV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
electricd7 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
Just a quick question about the horn output on my car. The directed website shows my "Horn Trigger" wire as GREEN/ black (-). Is this simply a wire which is connected to a factory relay for horn output, ie can I connect it directly to the 200ma (-) horn output of my alarm? Thanks!
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
yes
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I have a 97 SEbring LXi that I am prepping for an alarm which I am waiting to be shipped. Anway, it has some weirdness with the way the dome lights work and the trunk light. First the trunk:
It is intermittant. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it doesn't at all. I thought it was the switch, so I took the bulb out and metered the socket. 0v. I then disconnected the socket from the harness and metered the harness. 12V! Plugged the harness back into the socket, and 0V again. Tested the socket for a short, and it is fine. Not sure what is happening really?
2nd, the dome light. It too is intermittant. When I open the door, the 2 map lights on the rear-view should come on, and they don't sometimes. When this is happening, I can push the switch on the mirror to turn the lights on, and the still don't come on. This makes me think it might be a problem with the mirror, but then at the same time the lights in the kick-panels and behind the center console don't come on either. Any ideas?
Thanks!
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

More than likely the proble with the map lights is a bad door trigger. I've seen many times in sebrings and avengers of that year.  You can get a new door pin switch pretty cheap from the dealer.  As for the trunk problem that I'm not quite undersatanding

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
YEa, but the door trigger does trigger the "open door" light on the dash. I think the problems have to all be related to each other as when the trunk light isn't working, neither is the map lights or the console lights. Its like they aren't getting power at that time or something? Is there a factory relay somewhere that drives the dome light circuit that I could possibly replace?? I have looked in the normal locations, but nothing is labled to make me think I found it. Thanks again!
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone know of a relay or something in the 97 sebring which drives the dome lights? Can't find a diagram anywhere...i have the chilton, but nothing on that circuit!
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I have installed a Viper 560XV into my 1997 Chrysler Sebring LXi. I don't think my Sebring has any passlock type system installed in it (ie, black molded key instead of grey). Anyway, it is all working except the remote start. The car will try and start 3 times but never does successfully. If I put the key in the ignition and turn it to the "ON" position, then hit the remote start, the car starts and stays running, BUT the viper doesn't know its running as it will try and start 2 more times (resulting in minimal starter grind.) Have I done something wrong, or do I need a bypass or something for this vehicle? Thanks in advance!!
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like the car has sentry key. Is your key that works the vehicle gray?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
As far as it trying to start while running(sorry..missed that the first time)...did the system confirm that it learned the tach? Or if you did a voltage sense, did you program the system to operate as voltage sense?
electricd7 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
No the key is just a normal key with a black molded end on it. It is setup for tach sense, but how do I verify that it learned tach?
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic