icon

cant hear bass from outside of car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
If you want someone to hear it you could always let them in.  Or cut a whole in the trunk.  Me and my friends actually did that to an old junker.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
downstarinc 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
i had the same problem...well i thought i did. I had a pretty loud system and when i would get out of the car, all windows down, you could barely hear the bass..but when i was driving i could see heads turn down the block, or at a red light 5 cars ahead.
jl audio..nuff said
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  

Don't forget that in most urban areas of this country there are noise ordinances and any car stereo that can be heard outside the car (especially so-called boom cars) are probably violating them.  While it's not often enforced, it can mean a fine and in some cases your vehicle can be impounded.  "Hearing the bass outside the car" is not a good thing, unless it is at a show or event where that is the purpose.

Don't be a fool.  Turn it down when driving in the city, especially in residential areas!

By the way, if I hear a car booming me and disturbing my peace from 5 cars away at a red light, I will get their licence number and report them to the police.  No joke.  Don't do it.

Support the12volt.com
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
If the speed is down, the volume is down.
If the sun is down, the volume is down.
cant hear bass from outside of car - Page 2 -- posted image.
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
wauw, thnx god, that in my country we don't have such of lawscant hear bass from outside of car - Page 2 -- posted image. like you guys have there in US, we can drive in the mainstreet enough loud as we want and shake all the windows of the buildings there, but i think that in the future they will intoduce such lawscant hear bass from outside of car - Page 2 -- posted image.
pcguy760 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  

Aruman which country are you from? I am formerly from South Africa now I live in USA and I remember down there that it was okay to play loud music from 8am to 8pm although most people did it after that especially on the weekends or holidays and the cops still did not do anything! I remember driving past cop cars with my system (6 x 12 Inch Pioneers), booming and they would not do anything because it was not in the law! Haha, I miss doing that - it gets irritating sometimes when you're listening to your favorite track loud and you see a cop car and wonder if its too loud but turn it down anyways - the pleasure of listening to it is lost sometimes...

So far I had one fine the loud music about 2 years ago in my Pontiac which had two Solo L7 15s powererd by two Rockford Fosgate 800.2 Amps. I did not even see the cop pull up behind me at the light lol. Fine was $250 and when I went to pay it, they said they lost the documents or something and cancelled the whole thing haha. I always watch out for em cops now hehe.

Just to add to this, about a year ago I got a warning for revving my car (has dual mufflers and bigger motor that stock) while driving under a bridge at 1:30am in the morning LOL!! State trooper just gave me a warning and told me to go frame it or go show my buddys lol. Yeah I know youre thinking I am crazy lol.

pcguy760 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
Anyway did you try what I mentioned and did you notice any difference?
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

I think my previous boss said it best in a magazine article:

"2005 saw an increase nationwide in laws and attitudes regarding boom cars. Car audio is getting a bad rap from a few idiots bumping in the wrong location and/or the wrong time. This will only continue unless we police ourselves; we don’t do it, then our towns will. It’s not a question of rights, it’s a question of responsibility. With rights come responsibilities. Regulations arise when people can’t handle the responsibilities related to their rights (and I have a hard time believing that car audio is a right to start with).

Some 16YO wannabe booming away in front of the mall? Walk over, start a conversation about his gear (he probably will need some pointers), and then causually let him know that booming in bad places is what’s driving the laws against car stereo. Remember my two rules:
- If the sun is down, the volume is down
- If the speed is down, the volume is down
This means no booming around town, cruising at night. Or in hospital or school zones. Or neighborhoods. Be sensible, not obnoxious."

Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
pcguy760 i'm from a small country here in the southern caribbean, a island with less than 120.000 people, a island that a lot of american are hating now because of the missing girl Natalee Holloway. i'm from Aruba.
biwleey13 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
yea i never bump my stuff in areas where there are people walking around like parking lots and neighborhoods. i turn it down at red lights too. but pcguy706...putting the seat down is too much of a hassle because i have to put it up again when i park somewhere...dont want people to see the goods. so i just leave it up.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic