Posted: March 15, 2006 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
Stephen Kephart wrote:
I think my previous boss said it best
Wait, you don't work at Adire anymore?
pcguy760 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  

No I just wanted you to see if it made a difference when the back seat was down. You might have to just go ahead and do what I did in my Civic - I cut two big "ports" on the metal under the rear deck / baffle. Then I custom covered the baffle / rear deck with silver vinyl and made two rectangular openings and used some black grill cloth for that. It looks pretty nice and made a difference / improvement in the sound.

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  

Francious70 wrote:
Stephen Kephart wrote:
I think my previous boss said it best
Wait, you don't work at Adire anymore?

No, I had the oportunity to pretty much double my income, so I took it.  But I still visit Adire every once in a while.

dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 5:32 AM / IP Logged  

I would kill for a system that had good bass response with a lot of power that you could not here out side of the car. Try this stand in front of your car and just start walking away form it and there will more than likely be a point that you will here the bass if you have enough power. I used to think the same thing with the fist system that I had then I found out that is was louder than I thought out side of the car. That was only at 130db.

luckydevil 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged  
Steven Kephart- Are you still in the audio industry? Any hints who your new employer is?
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  

consider your self lucky. my trunk rattles. and when im at a stop light people look at me "funny" so now when i pull up to a stop with other cars around i turn it down. i dont want to hear their thump. and i dont think they want to hear mine. i kinda wish i had my old  alpine that would turn it self down  when i came to a stop. that was a nice . but thinking back was it worth $650 for a tape player? hmmm?

dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  

Trunk rattle's ugh. That is some thing that is eazy to make disapear and not for all that much money. Any rubber matting used for roofing work. If it a can of 3M spray glue if it dose not have adhesive aready, some expanding foam for the tunk's hollow chanels few cans of under coating and some carpet to match your factory color. All that other stuff at the stereo shops is just endorsed hence more money. This stuff dose work.

Before I did it sounded like my car was going to fall apart when my system was turned up 140.6db I was able to eliminate all the rattles and improve the sound of my system. cant hear bass from outside of car - Page 3 -- posted image.

darthness 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
So this guy is perefectly fine with people hearing what ever crap he threw in his trunk, but would never want them to see it (thats a great way to protect your equipment...)
If you want to eliminate rattles, get some Dynamat Extreme or Second Skin Damplifier... also Second Skin Spectrum (www.secondskinaudio.com
as for using the rubber matting for roofing mat, it may stink up your car, and the adhesive may not be as good.... could have a lower melting point, etc.
And for DYohn... i understand what you say... i also agree, i don't like it when others have their music up at stoplights or while driving down my street, but thats some shiesty stuff to turn them in like that.
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2006 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  

It's quite obvious why there is laws against "bumping" your system. The reason is there is STUPID people! Everyone that is into car audio needs to spread the word about being smarter with their car stereo systems. If you have a really loud stereo system, then YOU know it's loud! That doesn't mean you need to be a dick about it and ride through a residential neighborhood with all your windows down and your system blasting. (doing it at night is even dumber!) The same thing is true with being at stop lights or if your in a very populated area, like a mall, store, etc. It's not going to kill you to turn your stereo down for a little bit. It's people that do idiotic things like this that there are retarded laws in the first place.

Go to an audio show if your trying to show off with your system! That would be the perfect opportunity to "get attention". If that still doesn't satisfy some of you, then cruise down the freeway and feel free to roll down the windows and blast as loud as your poor ears can handle.  We want to further the car audio industry, not hinder it! We are only ruining it for ourselves. Please be responsible guys!

For biwleey13:                So you can't hear you system from outside of your car? GOOD!!!! Don't try to modify it to where that changes. Keep it that way. I wish every vehicle was like that. If you think it sounds good inside, then that's all that matters....

Do whatever makes you happy in life without diminishing the happiness of others
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2006 at 4:14 AM / IP Logged  
my whole trunk is all dynamat extreme. the floor the sides and the trunk lid. and it still rattles like crazy
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic