icon

New system plans

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbone31 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Okay so i'm a noob with photoshop so dont judge it too hard only used it for a day or so.   Ive got a 2002 White grand cherokee limited and here are some pics of my current install, and then some pics of my planned install.
I still havent learned how to make the enclosers look more like real fiberglass but u get the idea. any comments are welcome.
here's my amps just behind the seat. currently a 1001bd and an 851x im looking for another 1001bd
New system plans -- posted image.
here's my ported box its a snail shell rip off, 2 12inch hx2's i have 2 more one needs repair.
and this is what im planning still being able to get at my spare tire, and put my hockey gear in the trunk. not sure if i will have enough space to port it. i think i will if i mold right to the bare metal and hae it buldge out.
let me know what you think.
jlord16 
Silver - Posts: 322
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged  
Definatly mould it to the metal, remove all the pannels from the boot area, dosnt look like alota room for a ported, but if you dont have the room just go for a sealed box, its looks promising and it can be done, keep us updated and goodluck
Clarion DB36MP
Infinity Kappa Perfect 10"
Respone 800w Mono
ALPINE MRP-F250
*Custom fabrications*
tbone31 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the comment, im gonna take the panels out today to get started molding the interior. is it hard to get the mold to snap in where the factory panels did?
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
I wouldnt try and make it snap in. I would bolt it in but thats just me.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
tbone31 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i guess the weight will be too much for those clips. thanks for the tip.
crazyoldcougar 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

it is not a weight issue...

it is a theft and wicked bad rattle issue...

it looks rather nice...where is your other amp and spare battery going to be mounted?

it looks to small to be ported though..i would run the boxes across the back sde of seats as well say six inches deep or so...that way you buy yourself an extra cube or two..and it will give you some where to mount the amps..unless of course your going to build a nice floating amp rack and get the links for the amps so it looks like one big ass amp accross the back.....something that will kinda hover over the centre...

Fiberglass Guru.
tbone31 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
those are great ideas and i have considered that, but im thinking if i can still fold my seats down that would be nice. the third amp i was thinking of placing underneat the false floor that covers the spare tire, and the rf logo will be done with plexiglass and lit up, i dunno how hard it will be to achieve it but was hoping i could have the rf light on the amp shine through, might be a lil complicated. to gain some more cubes i might consider building the box up higher to conform to the window. nothing is in stone but the ideas coming in are great.
tbone31 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
sorry forgot to answer about the battery, i will post pics of that soon, im getting a new dual air intake which will make the stock airbox obsolete, giving me room for a big yellow top, i have a stinger isolator to mount too.
crazyoldcougar 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2006 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

two batteries up front on one side...could give you some lop-sided steering issues...

the rest sounds good though..i dont think i would cover the windows with sub box unless the windows are tinted and you wont be able to see the box...

i dont think the RF logo on the amp will be enough to light up your false floor..however if you sand the plexiglass on the backside so you cant see through it then you could use a license plate holder neon tube thing under it and it will definately sufficiently light up your floor...

WOW i just read back through everything i wrote there and damn it sounded awefully negative..but trust me that is not my intent..i thik your setup looks great and has potential to be very clean...just dont skimp out on anything and it will turn out great for you...

Fiberglass Guru.
tbone31 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2006 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
well the batteries will be on opposite sides the 2nd one is replacing the stock air box cause of my new intake i have room. windows are tinted dark and i would paint the back of the box black anyways u couldnt see it anyways. i was gonna use leds to light up the plexi, and was hoping the amp light would shine through nice too. i plan to have the floor stock looking except for the rf symbol being see through.
thanks for the comments. here's more pics of my truck. once it warms up again i plan on getting at er. im in canada and its about 29 farienhiet outside today.
http://photobucket.com/albums/f359/tbone3131/
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic