icon

New system plans

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crazyoldcougar 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  

woh...you need to get some extensions on those air filters man...you are gonna get some serious heat soak having those sitting ontop of the engine like that...

but anyway..Led's will light the plexi well..if you drill them into it from the sides...

if you dont care about the rear windows i would remove your rear pilars and build the boxes right up the sides, and blend them into the trim panels ...kinda have one enclosure floating over the other infront of the window..that would look pretty hot...and you could bolt the top of the box under where the pillars are along the roof of the vehicle..

Fiberglass Guru.
tbone31 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
yeah ive heard lots and lots about the airfilters, the heat soak isnt too muchof an issue at all and theres a huge improvement over the stock air box so i'm happy with the setup, theres some heat shields i might pick up. but well see. again thanks for the comments though.
tbone31 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2006 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
allright so after two big ole rolls of tape, ive got most of the area ready to get a mold.   its supposed to get nice here on monday so im guessing that will be my day to make the mold, i dont want to waste resin, when its freezing out. in the mean time im gonna try and make a mold of the trim panels i need.
New system plans - Page 2 -- posted image.
New system plans - Page 2 -- posted image.
crazyoldcougar 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2006 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

i would have to say, more tape is needed...

i would tape of the seat belt area...use some cardboard to configure something around it so you dont interfere with te safe operation of the seatbelt...then tape over top of the card board, to make it part of the car essentially...

second i hope your gonna use a drop cloth on the rear bumper...if not tape it up too...are you going to climb the windows wth it or no?

make sure you spray the tape down with something too wo work as a release aent too...tutrle wax also works..you may also want to consider spraying the whole area down with adhesive and rolling and pressing aluminum foil down to the tape...this will help with the amount of residue the tape is going to leave on your carpet and everythign after the resin has cured...

One main thing i would do is cut out pieces of MDF for where you are going to have large flat panels, and rabit the edges to accept cloth and mat..the floor for instance, as soon as you pul the mold out of your truck it is going to twist and warp...nothing you can do about it...both sides should have the floors out of MDF..

also take this oppertunity to cut, rabbit and place anyother MDF panels you will need...along the back of the seats, over the windows, where ever there is going tolarge flat areas...brace the panels so they fit tight and then make your mold from there...you may have to do 2 or threee layers of glass to make sure itisa strong enough to pull the molds out with out twisting or cracking them though...

Fiberglass Guru.
tbone31 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2006 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
more tape on the tape? or just more tape in other areas?
still havent decided to climb the windows with it or not yet. i just can't picture how it will look like that.
what do you mean by rabbit the mdf?
if i do climb the windows how should i attach the wood pieces?
for around the seat belts i am making a copy of the trim panel for the area around the seat belt holder, ill post a pic to show you, its something small to get used to working with the fiberglass.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic