icon

4 10 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  
bobditts - Most subs do come with a recommended sealed and ported enclosure. However, depending on how the sub is made, it will perform better in one than the other.
Sprawl - I agree with aarow and DYohn, I would choose a Kappa Perfect over a W1 any day of the week... Especially if I could get a steal on it like you.
I'm not sure if Fry's carries Alpine, but if they do, I think the Alpine Type R would be worth taking a listen to as well.
sprawl85 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
Lots of good info guys, but I am limited on which brands I can demo because of the shops around me. If I am getting them from fry's I am having my friend in indianapolis buy them for me and ship them to my house then I am sending him cash. I live in champaign illinois currently and I am 3 hours from any big city and can't get time off to go demo any subs. We only have Best buy, circuit city and that's it for car audio. We had two other shops, one called good vibes and one called premier sound and design, but they both quit carrying car audio. I could probably plan a field trip but I would definately want a handful of differen't subs that I want to demo so I can go around to different shops in chicago, or indy, or st. louis, and knock them all out in one day. Any other kinds of subs you would suggest other than the kappa perfects?
fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle... but fiberglass tastes better!
sprawl85 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah and the type R's with only 83db sensitivity and 500 watts power handling seem too power hungry for me. This is going to be in a cavalier and a yellowtop and HO alt needs to run 4 10's and 100 x 2 to some mb quart components.
fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle... but fiberglass tastes better!
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic