icon

copying trim panel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
torquehead 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2006 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
Nobody else said it....so I will!   "That sure is pretty fleece you have there!!!!"  Just kidding.  Looks like now is the time to cut one of the speaker holes and fill the enclosure with foam beads to determine the approximate volume eh?  Just looked at your pix again...  I thought you were going to join the amp rack and enclosure all in one unit?....  maybe I read it wrong or got some other posts mixed up.  Good work....keep rollin....
pmendoza408 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
man looks like a lot of work. You gona have to be careful for theifs having that in sight.
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
Looks good can't wait to see the final pice
tbone31 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
yeah well i have dark tinted windows and my neighborhood it pretty safe so hope its allright, it will be tough to yank out. the way i built it the sub box goes in bolts in to the truck then subs get screwed in then spider grills get screwed in so i will just put different screws on the subs and the grills, then the amp rack is screwed in, plus i utilized the stock clips then another trim piece clips on top of that then the amp is screwed to the rack, then the end caps cover those screws. i plan on smoothing the lines from the amp rack down to the sub box so it likes like its all one piece , ill get pics later of what i mean.
torquehead 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds good!  So, that way your wiring is hidden?  Maybe I missed something, so Ill ask anyway.  How did you finish the enclosure out?  --> Paint? Vinyl? 

pmendoza408 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
man that is the way to think. You got your stuff down.
tbone31 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
not sure on the paint scheme yet, not even close yet to that, won't get much done for the next week cause im busy, but i was thinking of A) matching the interior trim colur b) a high gloss black( would look nice with the chrome)
c) match the exterior white    i plan on photoshoping the different colors and see what i like when its done.   and yes all wires are hidden.
torquehead 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2006 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
Cool, wires hidden!  I like the chrome and black idea of yours, sounds sick!  Sorry I didnt pay attention if you stated the colors of your original interior characteristics.  Also cool if you paint the amplifier (between the cooling fins, ect.), as well as the speaker cones in contrast with the interior.
mouglie 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2006 at 4:27 AM / IP Logged  
more pictures!!!
I shall never outrun my guardian angel - again.
tbone31 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
im glad you guys like my fabric, as you can imagine it was the cheapest they had and stretches awesome. i told the lady at walmart i was making new pants lol. anyways as requested more pics.
test fit after a quick sand and some kitty hair reinforcement along any seams inside.
copying trim panel - Page 3 -- posted image.
same thing view from the side
view with the amp in too, had to sand the amp rack down alot on the bottom to get it to fit i had it so tight in there, now i gotta figure how to get the 2 to flow together.
another angle
different angle
test fitting the subs
good thing i measured correctly cause she's a tight fit. anyone know if i can sand the soundstream off the grill gaurds or buffing it off? i don't have any soundstream stuff so it looks kinda doodiety
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic