icon

2001 monte carlo aftermarket security

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
05impalaman 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2006 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sure you have this system hooked up by now, and hopefully it's safe.  That neutral safety switch wire simply needs to see a ground when it is safe to start the vehicle.  This is meant to connect to a sensor that will not allow the car to start if it is in gear.  Your Monte Carlo has this feature already, so simply connect this wire through a switch to ground.  This switch can be used if the vehicle is parked in an attached garage to disable the remote starter. 
There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that understand binary, and those that don't.
xenonmatrix 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2006 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
that is true the car already has that feature i just didnt know if i could hook that wire to the switch that is already built into the car
xenonmatrix 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2006 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
everything is working great except i cant get the parking lights to flash on the car i was wondering if there was something i was doing wrong? on my alarm it has a jumper you can set for either negaitve or positve for the parking lights and from what i saw on the sheet its positive anyideas would be greatly apprecatied!
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2006 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  

Where did you get the parkinglights at? Did it test 12volts when you turned the parkinglights on. I have that it is BROWN / white at the headlight switch.

xenonmatrix 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2006 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
there the same lights and they work im talking about like when you unlock or lock the car or if you set off the alarm they dont flash or anything and i connected the wire im just unsure if there was a relay of some type or if there is something else that was supposed to be connected
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
I'm betting your alrm/remote start has a positive output for park lights I would check and make sure its pulsing 12 volts when you lock and unlock.  I am not sure with programming fetures on this unit  but I woulod check and make sure that its not programmed to not flash. just some ideas.
xenonmatrix 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  

thats what i started to check i finally found out the car needs a relay for the parking lights and all i have to do is attach the relay and it should be fine i will try it tmorrow

Page of 7

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic