icon

Interpreting WinISD results

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gsexer 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2006 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

I take it that going to a 2ft^3 box to get rid of a 2dB ripple is really not worth it.  Would you be satisfied with a 2dB ripple in your box/sub if you were not going for SPL?

After looking at it, you are right about the sensitivity.  Why would they bother to post those numbers if they know we can use a calculator to find out what it really is?  Hell, just using the calculator alone, I need to run some numbers to see what the sensitivity really is on other subs.  Maybe I need to just get a Brahma, you guys speak very highly of it in other threads!Interpreting WinISD results - Page 2 -- posted image.

BTW Thank you for the assistance, and your patience.  it is greatly appreciated.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 01, 2006 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  

Well dude, I think you got this thing nailed.  After your initial post in which I thought you might be a little bit on the clueless side (sorry, my bad!), you started to intrigue me with what you began to show.  So I worked this thing up to satisfy my own curiosity, and it looks like a 2 ft^3 box with the mid insert is the way to go.  Good work!

Here's a shot of the responses:  the lavender is 1.25 with no insert;  the white is 2.0 with mid insert;  the aqua is 1.25 with mid insert.  What you came up with looks the best.

perfect12dvq.jpg

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
gsexer 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2006 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the compliment.  Trust me, I was clueless till like last week when I first started visiting this site!  I still have a lot of reading to do.  Last week, I just figured I could get a RF amp and sub, throw it in a "recommended" size box, and it would work.  Thanks again for the help.  I won't be able to start the install till the end of the year, but of course there will be pics for all to see!  Now I have to figure out how to bring the sound stage up with the front speakers.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 01, 2006 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
End of the year!  You've got plenty of time to practice until then, that's for sure.  You could work up some of this forum's posted box size questions for people and help out that way.  Good learning experience for you and contributes to the information flow in the forum.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic