icon

best way to hook up 4 10 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xkuco 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
im trying to hook up 4 10 inch pioneer ts-w251r subs in my show car but not very fond of hooking up subs i would like to know what amplifier would u guys recomend like make and model and why it would really help and how exactly or the best way too hook it up : on a side note itts gonna be in a custom fiberglass box im building thanks
xkuco 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
i just would like the best way to hook it up any recommendations??
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
best way to hook up 4 10 subs -- posted image.
xtremej 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  

best way to hook up 4 10 subs -- posted image.

Couldn't remember if those were single voice coils or doubles, rough night. hope this helps.

hardknocks 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  

there are a lot of good two channel D class amps the at are out there.

rockfordfosgate.com

planetaudiousa.com

soundstream.com/amplifers

JLaudio.com

DEI.com   (they make viper, directed,orion amps  )

crossfire

audio pipe

diamond audio ( they are a new line of audio equipment)

being this sub is rated at 600watts max i would get 2 600watt D class amp and have 2 on each amp . the links are to just a few amps that would be great for you.  hope this helps u out .

4-15" RF T2
6-7" RF Component sets
8 Planet Audio 900d
10 Batcap800
1 250 amp alt
1 300 amp alt
2" sound deadner roof,doors,floors
xtremej 
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

You can also look at concepts I just picked up there line I've installed quite a few and they perform awesome and they aren't very exspensive compared to most. Xtreme by DEI also perform decent to but they are a tad overated.

xkuco 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
im looking to keep the whole pioneer theme this is show memeber its not like just a car lol but that did help xtreme but i still would like to know if i put two amps two for each how would the set up be and what pioneer amp would u recommend thanks guys u guys have helpped alot
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
"there are a lot of good two channel D class amps the at are out there"
Class D amps are not 2 channel, they have 2 terminals for connect more subs, but they are not 2 channel amps.
and don't look at Max Wattage, look at Rms Wattage. those pioneer ts-w251 are 120 watt rms, 4ohm single voice coil. 4x 120= 480 watt rms tot. look for an amp that is 500 watt rms at 1ohm and wire them as the second diagram that xtremej posted before, and you should be fine
Shaking The Neighborhood
xkuco 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
tru thanks mann thats cool thanks that helps alot so now all i have to do is look for a pioneer amp with 500 watts with 1 ohm but do i need a capicitor at all and also ( a newb question ) what exactly does a capcitor do and again would i need one ???
xtremej 
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
Pioneer  GM-510M Class d mono bloc, 300X1 @4 ohm, probably need 2 but it'll keep the Pioneer theme going. These amp are pretty good, I've installed a few of the 7200M's and they  performed good minimal heat up.  the 510's have a samll footprint so they won't take up a ton of room. the 510 rates at 500X1 @ 2ohm. I don't see any amp listed stable @ 1 ohm though.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic