icon

UK Civic and Toad Ai606

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
silverteg 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Guys, I am installing a Toad Ai606 in a UK 98 Civic 1.8, all going well except for the power door locks. The car has factory keyless entry, which is functioning fine still. From what I have read here and on other forums Hondas use (-) pulse signal to drive the power door locks.

The first diagram is from the alarm installer manual and this is the configuration I am trying to use. The second is from the Honda service manual. The red and blue dots are where I thought I should be connecting to, but it is not working. The alarm is outputting neg when I arm and disarm the alarm, but I am obviously not connecting to the keyless entry system correctly. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

http://www.clubi.ie/bpl/Integra/Toad/toaddoorlockdiagram.jpg

http://www.clubi.ie/bpl/Integra/Toad/civicmanualdoorlockdiagram.jpg
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  
if your doing it in a civic why look at integra diagrams..
anywho you have to make the connections in the drivers door on the civic. the control unit is in there.. test your wires.
i forget the colours whe you have them cut them and attach your keyless to the control unit side of what you have cut.
presto.
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
silverteg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  

The diagram is for a Civic, I just have them saved in my Integra FTP :)

I have been wiring up to the keyless entry contol unit which is behind the ashtray in the centre console in the UK civic. Here are some pictures. I have also posted a pic of the 5 wire connector in the drivers door. I am starting to think that using the 5 wire diagram on this site with the relays is the way I will need to go, as direct wiring does not seem to be working in this car?!? Any ideas how I can get this sorted? Thanks!

UK Civic and Toad Ai606 -- posted image.

joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

how are you testing, are you probing the wires and locking and unlocking the doors to see what ones go neg?

is it a GREEN/ red wire with siver rings you have been taping into

i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
silverteg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, that is how I have been testing, I was wiring into the WHITE/ RED (PIN B1) and the YELLOW/RED (PIN B3) on the control unit behind the centre console, but it did not seem to be triggering the locking/unlocking. I was looking for GREEN/ red wire with siver rings as I saw that mentioned on lots of other installs but couldnt find it on this car.

Only thing that I can think of is that the temporary ground that I had attached the RED / BLK and RED / YEL of the Toad alarm to was not very well secured, I had just pinched the wires under a bolt on the centre console, it was showing ground on the voltmeter but may not have been solid enough to allow the alarm to pick up a good negative pulse, could that be it? The outputs from the alarm were also showing the negative pulse when arming and disarming the alarm when I tested them with the volt meter so I presumed it was ok.

I had just stripped back some of the wire and soldered the BLU/RED from alarm to the YEL/RED on the car and GRY/RED from alarm to the WHT/RED on the car in, I presume that is right as that is what I am understanding from the diagrams.

joe_1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
forget touching the alarm wires to the control moduel for now, just use a bit of wire and hook it to a good ground point and pulse the suspected wires and see if the car locks/ unlocks. also do the doors need to be closed for the mechanism to be moved by the motor when testing? if so test with the doors closed or push the latches in on the door
i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
silverteg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

Cheers Joe, I considered the need to have the doors closed but the factory keyless entry still locks with the doors open, but even so I pushed the latch but it did not make any difference.

I didnt think of probing around with a grounded wire! doh! - I will try that again. It will probably be a few days before I get back at the car as I am back at work tomorrow, but if you think of anything else in the mean time, or anyone else has anything to add please do.

If I cant find a way around it after that I will probably just chuck an aftermarket actuator in the drivers door and use that. Thanks!

joe_1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
no worries, there should be no reason why it dont work, it was probably what you said about your wires not being ground properly, let us know how it goes,
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 2:50 AM / IP Logged  
i had this problem before and had to go into the door
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
silverteg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I came home from work a bit early and had another bash at the locks. I didnt get too far though.

In the drivers door at the 5 wire connector I probed all connections with a solidly grounded wire. (With the door closed just in case it matters). But I got nothing happening on any wire.
There are 5 wires in the connector. The tests I conducted were done locking and unlocking the door with the door pin on the inside of the door.

After doing that I decided to go probing around with a 12V but again did not get anything to lock/unlock

Where to from here?

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic