icon

99 Wrangler Head unit options

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jkirkku 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Nope, thanks for the input but I am almost dead set on stock cd player. Looks like stock, vs a blank plate in the dash, which means there isnt a nice HU somewhere else. It plays burned cds(which can get stolen) and can hhok up an ipod.
Now, onto the LOC/four.1.
So soldering rca cables from the speaker output on the stock hu to the four.1 would work as a LOC? Would it be better to run a LOC witht he four.1? This would be better because then I would have my input and it would give me fader control(i dont think the LOC would if I used the front for the full amp and the rear for sub).
Only thing I dont like about this is with this input i can only control the ipod from the ipod, with the other I can use the stock HU(negligable but still!). Also, since i take you sell these forbiden, do you know the difference between the four.1 an the four.1i? Because if it's mostly the same Ive been seeing four.1 on ebay four under $100.
Thanks for your help everyone.
Jared
P.S. For everyone offering setup advice.... Here are my plans: Stock 2002-2005 mopar cd player. Some sort of LOC/controller. Old school rockford punch amp(amp(s) eventually) to power the highs(rockford 5.25 up front, rockford 6.5 components in soundbar) and then two rocford punch stage 1 10's in a downfiring in seat box powered by either a rockford 300.1 or an older rockford mono. Should sound good, no mudding tires on as this is my college car and will spend 95% of time on road and in town. That said stealth is the most important concern and I think this would be the best for both sound and stealth. For those of you saying to go stock hidden.... I dont want to have to open op my console or gb every time i want to change a song or cd, I'm too lazy! For the cost of a new HU the new stock w/ convertor will be about the same and perform similarly(i hope!).
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  

As I thought, yes, solder rca ends onto the stock speaker wires and plug them into the input of the 4.1. The 4.1 operates as a advanced LOC.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
jkirkku 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Very nice, thanks for your answers. Would having LOCS though make it sound better with the 4.1?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Definitely not. All you would be doing is manipulating a already manipulted signal. Keep it simple. The 4.1 will better most outboard LOC's on the market today.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
jkirkku 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
You are awesome! Thanks again and Ill keep posting as I finally build it or have more question!
Jared
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic