icon

Alarm parking light output problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtremexp 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
I purchased a vision guard 6000 alarm off ebay. When hooked up everything works but it does'nt flash my parking lights. I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler and followed the directions to a T. I tested the output with a test light ( that should've flashed when armed or disarmed right?) and no light flash. Does this sound like a defective alarm or am I testing it wrong? Also I personally would'nt recommend this alarm I'm not highly impressed with it.
88vette 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

Unless there is some jumper setting or you have to program it to flash the lights then it sounds like the alarm brain is defective.

Sometimes there is a jumper setting for a +  or a -  parking light flash circuit.  You have to set it depending on your vehicle type.

If all is set right and it's programmed to flash I'd say the alarm is defective.

Good luck.

xtremexp 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks. Yeah I've set the jumper right and went over the wiring 100 times. I was thinking it was the brain too. I sent it back to the seller for an exchange and the damn people sent me back the same defective alarm. Anyways I've filed a dispute on paypal so maybe I'll get a refund. What's the best brand alarm? I was thinking of getting a Python/Viper and neeed something with a good doppler radar sensor when I have my top off.
88vette 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  

I'd go with the Viper and then add the 508D radar/proximity sensor to safeguard the inside when you have the top down/off.

xtremexp 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks.
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
you'll just need to keep in mind that no DEI products (viper/python/clifford) will carry any warranty unless they are purchased and installed by an authorized dealer/installer. They're reliable and have alot of great features, but they will not warranty any DIY installs. So keep that in mind if you're doing your shopping on Ebay.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2006 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
is there a fuse for the parkign light wire.
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2006 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged  
the fuse is inline i presume he would have checked that..
i've not had any problems with scytek products but i buy from a reputable source..
go with a clifford system. but there will be no warranty
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
xtremexp 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2006 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
Yes I've checked the fuse and checked directly out the plug and I get nothing. I've been checking out Clifford alarms also. They look pretty good and it's a well known brand. Thanks for the replys.
bazzgazm 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
if you want to test the light flash output, but you have no meter. you can take a simple bulb and do so by connecting the alarm output right to the bulb.
if you have a meter then your life will be easier. or a cute little LED Flash thingymajigger.
those aren't tooo bad. computer safe test lights i suppose.
anyway. if you get 2 alarms both with the same problem i'd start going over install.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic